New Rifle Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rifle Blind

Been wanting to build exactly what I wanted in a blind so I quite putting it off and got after it. Going 5x6 sitting on 4”x4” skids. I bought 5 11”x17” framed flip up windows and a 24”x70” door from The Original Deer Blind Window company. By the way, first class service with them guys. Framed out of 2x2’s and used LP Smartsiding for the skin. It’s not all that heavy. Still have a little work to do but here is the progress. I still have to put the roof sheets on, carpet the inside below the shelves and install the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Solid!

Comment

Nice

Comment

looking good!

Comment

What do you plan for a roof. Last 2 I built like that I went to a sheet metal shop and had them build a galvanized gap with welded corners. They even put a cross break in it so it would drain well. I think they charged me $125 for each one.

Comment

Looks great, very nice work on this project.

Comment

Looking good. In for the finished product!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Looks good, plan on building one myself this year also.

Comment

Great job

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                        What do you plan for a roof. Last 2 I built like that I went to a sheet metal shop and had them build a galvanized gap with welded corners. They even put a cross break in it so it would drain well. I think they charged me $125 for each one.
                        Called the metal shop this morning to get a price on this idea. I like it.

Comment

Little update on the project. Metal shop said I was looking at $300 for the roof cap. Guess I’ll just put some corrugated tin over the OSB. Got the windows cut out and installed. Went ahead and put a bead of MP1 around them to make sure they didn’t leak. Put some carpet on the walls up to the window ledge. Found some old cedar fence pickets that I cut down and screwed to the 2x2’s on the window row. Not sure what I’m gonna do about the window line. Maybe nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the cedar pickets

Comment

What purpose do the cedar pickets serve other than decorations ?

Comment

Working...
                              X