Bathroom Shower Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathroom Shower Input

I'm asking for input on pre-sloped shower pans. I'm targeting a tile shower base of ~ 36 x 48 or 36 x 60 (standard-ish sizes for pre-fab shower doors).

Who makes the best bases that work with tile shower floor? I've looked at Tile Redi and Schluter systems. Any real life input? I don't need it today so special order is okay as long as it is the best option.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other bathroom remodel tips! I'm planning on adding outlets underneath the vanity, etc.

Thanks!

Wedi is another brand for bases tho i have no experience myself
    following, have a similar project coming up

Comment

Wife decided on a dreamline fiberglass pan instead of tile on the floor. Should make things quicker and cheaper. Ordered and expecting in about a week. Will report back on install. Demo is done!

Comment

Lots of similar products now, but can't go wrong with Schlueter products

Comment

My buddy uses Tile Redi in his remodels, loves them, I think there overpriced. Not keeping that moldy insulation are you? (looks like mold)
          Last edited by Bassdeer; 01-12-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Need more pics on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
              My buddy uses Tile Redi in his remodels, loves them, I think there overpriced. Not keeping that moldy insulation are you? (looks like mold)
              Of course! Can't see it in the pic but there is a birds nest in there. Dang birds drilled a hole in my siding so I filled it up with spray foam to take care of it temporarily!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                My demo assistant! I will never demo another concrete and lathe shower! I'll pay the pros but it is diy for now!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                  X2, may be doing similar project, good luck with it.

Comment

Yep, did one of those once. Worst part getting all that mess down stairs and all the dust. Big electric chipping hammer helps but a lot of work.

Comment

Got plumbing finished and sub floor installed.

Comment

We built a walk-in shower in our home. If it’s not too late…..

- we have a pony wall, with a glass piece mounted on top and the wall. Open above to ceiling.

- raised the shower pipe for a 1’ square rain shower head which sprays straight down. I was in a hotel in Singapore that had one, and I love it.

- our plumber suggested moving the mixer valve where I drew the circle. That way you turn on the shower and I’m not standing under the initial stream of cold water.

- the tiling sub was going to use a foam base and tile on it. He changed his mind and did a concrete base tapered to the drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shower pan is in. We went with a Kohler sterling from home depot set on top of a 1 inch mortar base. Great deal for $250! Will show more pics but it is cover while I start water proofing.

Comment

Red guard is on. First tape and thinset the seams. Then res gard two coats on the seams. One coat on the rest. Tile guy shows up next week. It would take me two weeks and he will be done in two days!

Comment

Awesome progress!

Comment

Working...
                              X