• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following, nice work

Comment

Following

Comment

Looking forward to watching this whole process.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          He is a very dedicated employee and brings his work home from time to time

Maybe he's gonna smoke some quail?

Bobby, do you plan to pickle some eggs? I might be interested in some. Would make great Christmas gifts next year.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-27-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I'm new at this but they are big enough to butcher at 6 to 8 weeks. So basically you butcher a bunch of males keep some females and a female so you can have fertilized eggs to put right back into the incubator and keep a steady supply of eggs and meat quail. My eggs are the jumbo so they will be a little bigger than the normal.
            You'll get to the point where your butchering females also. You'll have ones that like to eat eggs. Have to cull those out quick. You'll find that after about 3-4 months these things reproduce like rabbits lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Galvanized poop trays from advance Auto parts fit nicely. [emoji2]
              Looks great, very nice work on this cool project.

Comment

I'm following along! Although with corn prices how much does this operation cost to run!?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  I'm following along! Although with corn prices how much does this operation cost to run!?
                  Any crumble with 20-30% protein will work. I used meat bird most of the time. Eliminating waist is the key. I'd have anywhere from 100-250 any given time and a bag would last a week or two.

Comment

This is cool!!!

Comment

Got a little more work done today. Installed all three floors with the half inch hardware cloth. Got them screwed in with a couple screws in case I ever need to take them out to make repairs, fix Staples or tighten wire. Made a short little video too. Be sure to subscribe and look through my other videos if you get a chance.

https://youtu.be/cWW7-0RX5yQ

Comment

In for this. Very interesting!

Comment

I wanna know if those colored eggs will be ready by Easter. You gonna have rabbits and eggs.

Comment

Finishing the frame out and the doors. Going to be a pain in the butt to paint them after I attached so I'll probably have to paint and let dry

Comment

Partition Frames and door frames painted.
                              Last edited by Chew; 01-02-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Side wire attached. Went with heavier gauge 1 x 1/5".

Comment

Working...
                                X