No announcement yet.

Let's raise some quail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang those things are loud! Pretty darn cool.

Comment

Hey hey hey....Easter bunny left something. First 2 eggs. They are exactly 5 weeks and 5 days old.

Comment

I hope you like making pickled quail eggs. I use to make a couple hundred every Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          I hope you like making pickled quail eggs. I use to make a couple hundred every Sunday.
          Not a fan. I think I'm going to buy a pair of those little Quail scissors that you just snip the top off. We eat a lot of eggs for breakfast.
          Last edited by Chew; 02-17-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I made an omelette one time. My wife thought I was crazy cracking all those little eggs. It was good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Not a fan. I think I'm going to buy a pair of those little Quail scissors or you just snip the top off. We eat a lot of eggs for breakfast.

Those work pretty good .

Comment

Off to a great start Chew. Gonna have to build more cages to raise out meat birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Y'all listen to me trying to film a rabbit update video for my YouTube channel today. **** Quail wouldn't shut the hell up. https://youtu.be/GkwqykSR7Ag
                  Are those meat rabbits?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Are those meat rabbits?
                    Yessir.

Comment

Got a little variety today...

Comment

^^^Nice!! How many of the quail eggs would be equal to a large chicken egg??

Comment

I'm jealous Chew. Haven't got any eggs yet

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            ^^^Nice!! How many of the quail eggs would be equal to a large chicken egg??
                            I've read that 4=1.

Comment

Chew your thread inspired me so I ordered 90 eggs and have had them in a facebook find used incubator for 18 days now. Hopefully they start hatching...getting a bit worried I may have cooked them all. The home built brooder is waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                                Chew your thread inspired me so I ordered 90 eggs and have had them in a facebook find used incubator for 18 days now. Hopefully they start hatching...getting a bit worried I may have cooked them all. The home built brooder is waiting!
                                That's awesome. I hope they start hatching soon. Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X