Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Need help for WiFi hot water heater wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks gang. Glad to know there’s options available. I’ll report back if I’ve got some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
      I put a simple disconnect switch right above my water heater at the ranch. This is the same sort of switch you have to have by an outside A/C unit. Terminate the existing wires to this and run a short jumper to the water heater.
      If a guest can locate the water heater they can do this.

Make a sign, tag, label, etc. to tag the valve that turns off the water notifying the user to turn off this switch.

T
      Was about to post the same. Would be the easiest for now.

Comment

Don't make it complicated.

Install a TS2301 Wi-Fi Electric Water Heater Controller. It's designed to do exactly what consumers like you are asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

Install a TS2301 Wi-Fi Electric Water Heater Controller. It's designed to do exactly what consumers like you are asking for.
          As are the GE & Aqualoop ones, but I believe he is looking for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

That's a good one. But only sold to pro's and distributors per there website so i may be difficult for some folks to get.

Comment

Working...
            X