Container/Conex Tiny house build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    My advice as I did 13’ mule storage and rest living, give storage area two separate dedicated breakers(on for lights and plug other ac/heat) with wires pre ran.

When momma changes mind and wants a dedicated bedroom separate from kids, running wire back to the breaker isn fun
    That is a good idea. I am p,Arning on the breaker box being installed near or on the divider wall. That way I can tie into it later. I am not framing walls in the storage area so that should be an easy option in the future. Good call!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      are you going to insulate? how will you control condensation between metal and insulation?
      Ive built two and condensation is way over stated. I put 4 extra container vents and have had zero issues. I ran R19 on walls and R25 on roof.

If you ran propane heat maybe, even then a large can of damp rid will knock most of that out. Or what ever Window unit doesn’t pull out.

Oh OP, my last build advice, Heat reflective paint on roof. Makes a significant difference

Comment

I did a 20footer.
        Put some kind of barrier on the floor. They use some pretty
        strong pesticides on the floor. You don’t want that in your living space.
        I put OSB down over the barrier as well, then laminate flooring on top.
        The floor isn’t insulated and can be cold if it’s up off the ground.

Comment

Very cool. Love these type of builds. Will be following for updates.

Comment

following

Comment

I want to tag along...

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of it

Comment

Ive built two and condensation is way over stated. I put 4 extra container vents and have had zero issues. I ran R19 on walls and R25 on roof.

If you ran propane heat maybe, even then a large can of damp rid will knock most of that out. Or what ever Window unit doesn’t pull out.

Oh OP, my last build advice, Heat reflective paint on roof. Makes a significant difference

Heat resistant paint on roof! Duly noted! Thank YOU!

Comment

Following

Comment

It’s going to be Nice!

Comment

I'm in! I'm afraid I'm going to get a crick in my neck, but I'm very interested, so I'll deal with it. :-)

Comment

Comment

Tagged

Comment

You done much cooking in yours? Heat would only cause mild condensation in ours but put a pot of something on the stove and it would rain inside! Installed 4 vents that vent 3' above the roof so they will draw and its good now

Comment

Working...
                                X