Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also finished up the headache rack.

Comment

Man it’s coming along nicely!! Did you have any problems with warping with all the welding?

Comment

Live(ish) DIY Flatbed Build

Originally posted by rowdybass View Post
        Man it’s coming along nicely!! Did you have any problems with warping with all the welding?

Nothing major. I did lots of moving around to evenly distribute heat and also had almost everything tacked up and braced well before I fully welded.

Comment

Some major talent being displayed here. I'd like to help on a project like this just to learn. Incredible.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

How heavy is that? I hear some of the new trucks have composite beds today

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              How heavy is that? I hear some of the new trucks have composite beds today

I’m guessing right around 1200 from looking at material weights. I’m interested to run it over some scales when I get finished.

Comment

Welders drive me crazy. All those dimes stacked so pretty, then they grind them off. Impressed with your work sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                  Welders drive me crazy. All those dimes stacked so pretty, then they grind them off. Impressed with your work sir.

Haha. There’s still plenty of welds. I’m no fan of grinding either, but wanted all the corners to be clean and smooth.

Comment

Good looking body. And thanks for posting those pics of the head-ache rack. I was wondering if you were going to do anything with it.

I built bodies for DFW Wrecker for a little while. And Tommy Lift-gates for the same company in N. Dallas many many moons ago. Century Wreckers were our main competitor. DFW Wrecker eventually went out of business due to Century out producing.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-20-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Nice! Man that's alot of work...

Comment

Haven’t been taking near as many pictures lately, but finished up all the fabrication this last week, then got it sandblasted and primed today. Hoping to have it pretty much ready to go by the end of the week.

Comment

Holy smokes man! That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by TxHamJello View Post
                            Holy smokes man! That is awesome!

Thank you sir!

Comment

Badarse!

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Working...