Ladder Stand Modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladder Stand Modifications

This is your typical WalMart ladder stand with a few mods. The first thing I did was put a 5" extention on the footboard. This is much safer expecially if you stand and shoot. Also allows you to move from side to side without slipping off.

Next I lowered the shooting rail 3". I tacked a 24" solid metel rod inside the tubing to give it more support incase of a fall.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Beadle Doe 07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	24721173

I also extended the shooting rail to make it more bowhunter friendly.

Built a frame to attach to the shooting rail.

Name:	Hunter164.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	23820568

Finished product

Name:	316020.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	23820569

These mods can also be done on tripods.

I have that ladder stand and have been thinking that something could be done to improve it, and looks like I now know what needs to be done. Good ideas, thanks.

Comment

I think you just talked me into buying one now that i've seen your modifications.
      yours i like!!!

Comment

I like it. I have a 2man that is just sitting on a tree not being used.

Comment

Good idea, Steve.

I've had one of those in my garage that I bought on sale last year. Dang, I've got another project now.

Comment

That is a great modification looks like I am going to be busy this off season

Thanks for sharing

Comment

<--------------<<<<<

...nods in approval.......

Comment

Take a good extention ladder with you when attaching to a tree. It is 10 times safer than going by the instructions.

I want to clarify that the top is bolted on. It would be tough to get the stand to slide up the tree with top on. I installed the top after attaching to a tree.

Thanks for all the compliments, I even got a nod from the torch king.lol

Wes, have fun with the new project. I like projects but my age is starting to get to me a little. Micah and i put this stand up by ourselves and it is a 16'. I drug this stand a couple hundred yards through the woods. I am dang sore.
                I may need to stard working out or something. nah

Comment

Looks Good!

Comment

I've been modifying all of my ladder stands. Actually I think I only have two that aren't modified. I have added foot rests, arm rests, made them free standing, made them wider, etc. I really like the top idea with the netting around it. That might have to be one of my newest mods.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very Nice, I love the DIY section, learn a lot.

Comment

Very nice. I have a question. How is it shooting your bow out of that stand with the netting? Does your bow get hung up? I really like the idea and may have to modify a couple of mine now.

Comment

Snapper, I would agree that military netting seems to snag on everything, however by extending the shooting rail and attaching the camo tight I see no problems with snagging my bow. When I zip tied the front center of the shooting rail I left some slack in the tie so I can slide the camo open or closed, kinda like opening curtains. It is hard to tell in the pic but there is a nice size shooting hole in the front and both sides. Here is another pic with the camo open to the front.

Comment

here is the pic

Comment

Working...
                              X