• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding work, looks great

Comment

DIY Cabin build

Porch foundation in.
      2x8 ledger on cabin and post with lag bolts. Double 2x6 beam down the middle on top of 4x6 post, topped with 2x10x10 joist. Decking tomorrow with 2x6x16 & 2x6x8 staggered Dan long ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just caught up. Awesome job, I look forward to the rest of your progress!

Comment

Awesome work ths far. Looking forward to the finished product.

Comment

Well done. What do you have planned for the far side of the porch without the decking?

Comment

The end is for parking 4 wheeler, gold cart ect.

Got it decked today. Need to pick up 2 more 2x10s to cap the front and build the stairs. Also have to finish the trim and battens on the front wall now.

Comment

Looks good! I did two porches at our ranch cabin myself. Glad I'm done but we use them more than the inside most trips! I always suggest screwing the deck boards down. Otherwise they will eventually start moving. And let those treated boards dry before staining. Glad I had some helpers...Click image for larger version

Name:	20170416_152937.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24678881

Comment

Looks great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    Looks good! I did two porches at our ranch cabin myself. Glad I'm done but we use them more than the inside most trips! I always suggest screwing the deck boards down. Otherwise they will eventually start moving. And let those treated boards dry before staining. Glad I had some helpers...[ATTACH]1083558[/ATTACH]

Thanks.
                    That looks good as well
                    I screwed them down and butted them up tight. They’ll shrink a lot too

Comment

DIY Cabin build

Porch is done, front wall is trimmed. Can lights installed & wires pulled. Unloaded ceiling tongue and groove. Will jump on that tomorrow.
                      Going to cap the fronts of the stair stringers as well and add some flag stone so the front step isn’t as high.

Comment

Mighty fine. That looks very nice.

Comment

Looking fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting on more T&G

Comment

Wow, just got caught up on this thread. Looks great brotha! Not many folks can do this DIY ground up at that quality! Cant wait to see the inside finishout!
                              Last edited by Bowhunter004; 03-17-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X