Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
    I REALLY appreciate that kmack!
    You're very welcome! My Dad would love seeing this thread as he's an old A&P mechanic and has put together many a "project airplane" over the years!

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
    One thing that always amazes me (yes, I’m simple minded) is how the camera gets confused with the prop rotation. One way for a min, then the other way, then it looks like it’s stationary. Cool stuff.
    That's because of how videos are actually taken. They're essentially small "snap-shots" of time linked together to make the appearance of constant motion. Based on prop speed, it can appear to be stationary, or rotating clockwise/counter-clockwise. And that appearance changes as the prop speed changes.

Example, turn one of your ceiling fans at home on High. While looking at the fan blades, blink your eyes really quickly and you'll notice a similar effect as the fan blades will appear stopped for a brief moment. (And when your wife looks at you crazy because you're staring strangely at the ceiling, you can blame me!)

Comment

Yeah, I get “the concept” of why it happens, but it still amazes me to watch it! (pea brain)

Comment

Great thread and have really enjoyed following along.

Appreciate you taking time to keep us up to date.

Rwc

Comment

Thanks Rwc! But, I think you’re being too kind about wording it as “keeping us up to date…” Seeing as how it’s been almost 3 years! Like I said, I’ll try and do better for this last leg of the adventure. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Built an airplane.......... very nice work...

Comment

Working...
            X