A different kind of blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
    No I can sit against the back of it and shoot without the arrow going outside the blind. The base is only 4’x4’. This was the precursor to the one I built on a tower. There is a thread on it also. Just trying to build a blind with a smaller footprint that I could shoot a longbow out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting concept. Normally in order to keep from having to stick the arrow out the window to draw (and not bump your drawing elbow) the whole blind has to be at least 6x6. I also think you will be better concealed - that jutting window should keep it nice and dark inside.

Comment

I have used those sheets before from Campaign signs. Where do you get them new and how much are they?

Comment

found them on Amazon (US Plastics also has them). Prices varied but cheapest I saw was about $34 for 24 (24X18) sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
          found them on Amazon (US Plastics also has them). Prices varied but cheapest I saw was about $34 for 24 (24X18) sheets.
          That's a very reasonable price and easy material to work with

Comment

Comment

So is the box on the back for your elbow to go into when you draw?

I don't all the way get it, but I all the way like it!

I know doors are expensive, but a hollow core won't last long at all...if you have any other options.

Comment

You may consider "slanting" the top part of both windows/jut outs. If you set it on any type of surface that is slanting one way or the other the water could run "into" the blind or stand in the surface. May have mold or rot if water sits too long and moisture seaps into the frame. Just my .02!
                But I like your idea and design. It'll probably be comfortable in the full and stay warm in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                  Do the two windows have different heights or does it just appear that way? If different heights, is there a reason?

The blind looks good.

The back is closed in and for the back elbow to go in when you draw

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    So is the box on the back for your elbow to go into when you draw?

I don't all the way get it, but I all the way like it!

I know doors are expensive, but a hollow core won't last long at all...if you have any other options.

Yes it is. Yea a better door will be part of the next one.

Comment

Interesting. Good to think “outside the box”
                      Gonna be hot in early season ?

Comment

Different but cool!

Comment

How well does your paint combo work? Does it adhere well?

Comment

It works as good as anything I found. It still comes off sometimes but that is cloraplast.

Comment

Very different, hope it works out for you. Looks as though the animal is going to have to be in exactly the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                Very different, hope it works out for you. Looks as though the animal is going to have to be in exactly the right spot.

That’s the way I see it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X