Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Gutting or Skinning Rack Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
    [ATTACH]1037904[/ATTACH]
    You will never be compared to Picasso, but I like that idea. I HATE shuffling around trying to keep up with a spinning deer, which is what we have to do know. Will add this to our set up for sure.

Comment

Anyone thought about an anchor in the floor or a temporary bar attachment? Use the lift/wench for skinning an animal after tying the hide to the floor and peeling the skin off?

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        Anyone thought about an anchor in the floor or a temporary bar attachment? Use the lift/wench for skinning an animal after tying the hide to the floor and peeling the skin off?
        Never hear of the same. . Interesting idea.

See post 25.

Comment

some great ideas, the eyebolt in the floor seems to be a great idea, to skin as you raise the carcass..
          as long as not to much else comes off with it when pulling up,, meaning meat

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
            some great ideas, the eyebolt in the floor seems to be a great idea...
            ...until someone forgets to take it out (or that it's even there) and trips with a knife in their hands.

I used to have eye-bolts in the floor of my garage back when I was working on motorcycles. I had 3 sets of them. I knew they were there. And if I didn't pull them out after every time I used them, guaranteed that I'd trip on them the very next day at least once!

It's a good idea, but potentially dangerous.

Comment

How tall are y'all's racks? I improvised with a cross member at 10' but I wish I could get another 2 feet up to keep me from bending over so much.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                You will never be compared to Picasso, but I like that idea. I HATE shuffling around trying to keep up with a spinning deer, which is what we have to do know. Will add this to our set up for sure.
                Haha gee thanks I at least hoped it was enough to get the point across lol

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had one with the top rail being a sliding garage door channel. One hoist at one end. Several hooks hanging from rollers. Winch a deer up. Transfer to a roller and slide out of the way for the next deer.

Comment

Working...
                    X