X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      Eagle gloss concrete sealer is what I’m using on my back patio after I stain it. That’s about the same kind of stuff. Non-yellowing and good for outside stuff. About $110 for 5 gallons too.
      Thanks

Comment

I agree with the epoxy floors in the shop and garage. If I own another place it will be done before moving stuff in. Sure helps with dust and just makes you wanna sweep it!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Any idea how it holds up to welding/heat/sparks/metal work? I am seriously considering adding this to my garage at my house...

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Any idea how it holds up to welding/heat/sparks/metal work? I am seriously considering adding this to my garage at my house...
            Not good for heat (sparks and such). Will burn thru epoxy.

Comment

I would love to do this. I just don't want to move all the crap out of my garage.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
                  I would love to do this. I just don't want to move all the crap out of my garage.
                  Dude....that’s the biggest PITA for sure! That’s why I refuse to wait to do this in all new additions. Any garage-shop floor I have will be treated beforehand from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                    What size shop and how much $$$ if you don't mind me asking? I have a new 30x50 I'd like to do but I am scared how much it will cost.

OP- the floor looks great.
                    Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    Mine is 450 sqft and cost $350 with all supplies. So with 1500 sqft, I’d guess around $1100ish.
                    My shop is 30x50 enclosed as well but we have a small apartment that encompasses about 400 of the 1,500 sq ft space. So I have the epoxy coating on roughly 1,100 sq ft. I used 2 of the larger 2.5 car garage kits of the professional series Rustoleum product. I don’t recall what I paid for each kit but I know it didn’t cost me near that much.

BertramBass I guarantee you that you could cover that entire 30x50 with 3 kits. One word of advise. You will find that “surface prep” is the key to this stuff not only looking good when applied but also being durable and long lasting. Floors need to be acid etched and power washed thoroughly....I mean clean, clean clean!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      My shop is 30x50 enclosed as well but we have a small apartment that encompasses about 400 of the 1,500 sq ft space. So I have the epoxy coating on roughly 1,100 sq ft. I used 2 of the larger 2.5 car garage kits of the professional series Rustoleum product. I don’t recall what I paid for each kit but I know it didn’t cost me near that much.

BertramBass I guarantee you that you could cover that entire 30x50 with 3 kits. One word of advise. You will find that “surface prep” is the key to this stuff not only looking good when applied but also being durable and long lasting. Floors need to be acid etched and power washed thoroughly....I mean clean, clean clean!
                      You’re right, take out the clear coat and cuts the cost way down. I just wanted an extra layer of protection for my flakes. And the rust oleum professional is about $170 per kit so $510 for just material and light flakes. Again, I went heavy on flakes and they’re not cheap. I agree that surface prep is definitely the main key and the hardest part. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

Working...
                      X