Boot knife sheath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot knife sheath

Can any leather workers give any insight or examples of adding/attaching a leather knife sheath to a leather lace up work boot. I'm wanting to permanently attach a sheath. I don't want any straps. Please post pictures or ideas if you have any. I know nothing about leatherwork. I bought a automatic folding knife that's bigger than what I like to carry in my pocket. Just looking for ideas. Will buy one if anybody can make one I like.

on a lace up boot the sheath will have to be on the outside of the boot, probably will have to be attached at top and bottom. You need an inch or so of handle sticking up above top of sheath to be able to grab.

I used to have an inside sheath on a pair of cowboy boots. The sheath came up to top of boots and attached there, with one inch of a Puma boot knife sticking up. Pants worn over the boot tops, it was still quick and easy to get to the knife. Younger brother was danged glad I had it one day years ago, the guy trying to shove him over a third floor balcony was not so happy....

Comment

I don't know if I'd want a boot sheath on the inside of the boot. What if you went to stick the knife in the sheath, but you missed the hole? You'd probably stab yourself in the leg. But I can see how the would make it easier for the pants to slide over your boots.

Comment

Working...
      X