• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely beautiful green house.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
      Very nice. My wife's is 12x16.
      We have had it a few years no. I have found a space heater give me a 12deg rise over ambient temp. Go ceramic with the space heater. Lasts 4 times as long as the old dairy barn heaters.
      I also use a freezer monitor with 2 sensors that will alarm me in the house if the temp goes above or below set points. For ventilation I have a regular floor fan mounted in the gable with louvers. I wired it to a thermostat contactor that is used for attic fans. Comes on at 90deg. You can find them at lowes, HD. Also have a couple of hydraulic actuators that open top vents. You can adjust them to open with a thumb screw. Look for those at a green house supply company. During the big freeze I ran a propane radiant heater but would cut it off during the day. And it was very cold here.
      Very nice job.
      Thank you, that's one of the things I have been thinking about, but have not looked into yet. That is a thermostatically controlled vent. I figured there was a way of doing it fairly cheaply, but have not looked at anything yet. Even with no heater on, it got up to around 85 degrees in the February freeze a couple years ago, when it was 7 to 8 degrees outside. So when we take off and go to work, then it warms up outside and the doors are closed, it gets very hot very quick. If it's sunny outside, and 85 degrees or higher, it will peg the 120 degree thermometer, by noon. We definitely need a thermostatically controller vent.

Comment

My Wife's

Cannot put another plant in it. Lesson learned,build them bigger.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hers does the same. The attic thermostat is cheap a lowes
          Remote freezer monitors $15 or so. Don't need a high cfm fan. Just something to pull air in and force it out. The hydraulic openers are a little more pricey but they don't require power and last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
            Absolutely beautiful green house.
            Thanks, hopefully this spring, it will be completely finished. Completely stained and then a vent somewhere up high near the peak of the roof. Then maybe make some to hang potted plants, then some permanent lighting up in the top.

Then work on making it bigger. I should work for a highway department, by the time I finally get this greenhouse fully built, it will need to be expanded about twice the size it currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
              Hers does the same. The attic thermostat is cheap a lowes
              Remote freezer monitors $15 or so. Don't need a high cfm fan. Just something to pull air in and force it out. The hydraulic openers are a little more pricey but they don't require power and last forever.
              Again, thanks for the info, when the plants come back out, I need to look into a thermostatically controlled vent system. I really appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
              X