X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone need a lathe?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pen from yesterday. The depth on this blank is something else.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          Thanks for the tip! Umfprtunately for me it was a brand new carbide tip!

I took a 60 grit belt sander to it while it was on the lathe at 2400 rpm. That really hogged it out quickly. Went to 80, 150, 220 and 320 afterward...
          I've had it happen to me sometimes on the end grain. Some walnut I have is notorious for it, even when my tools are sharp. Like you, I just start with a low grit sand paper til it comes out then run up in grit for my finish. You should look in to stabilizing. It's a whole 'nother world to get in to, but I stabilize some pieces now before turning and they don't give me that problem

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Banded Drake Calls View Post
            I've had it happen to me sometimes on the end grain. Some walnut I have is notorious for it, even when my tools are sharp. Like you, I just start with a low grit sand paper til it comes out then run up in grit for my finish. You should look in to stabilizing. It's a whole 'nother world to get in to, but I stabilize some pieces now before turning and they don't give me that problem

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
            I appreciate the suggestion. I don't know anything about stabilizing outside of that it is used on wood meant for wood working. I will look into it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

A video on turning my first hollow form.
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGlUEuAm3Os"]Woodturning First Hollow Form - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Firekeeper
                I want to try this.
                I’m not sure where you’re located, I’m on the north side of Belton.

Comment

That's cool

Comment

Working...
                  X