Timber wrapped water well tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timber wrapped water well tank

Our new water well has a low flow rate so we needed to install one of those 2500 gallon poly storage tanks. The thing is uuuugly. We need to build a small well house over the pump but we are also thinking about wrapping the tank in timber or building a large well house over the entire structure. (tank and pump together). Here's an idea I found on the web. Any of y'all doing anything like this?
    Attached Files

My half brother had one at his last house. It was just enclosed in his well house.

Comment

I think that looks fantastic. Is the roof just sheetmetal? How would you make it look like that?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
        I think that looks fantastic. Is the roof just sheetmetal? How would you make it look like that?
        Not sure but I think i can figure it out with a little help from google. Looks like there are roof ridges in the second pic so that style is probably easier to fabricate. Another option is to just leave it open on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastro View Post
          Not sure but I think i can figure it out with a little help from google. Looks like there are roof ridges in the second pic so that style is probably easier to fabricate. Another option is to just leave it open on top.
          Here is an option without a roof. It's just wrapped in wood planks.
          Attached Files

Comment

My parents did something like that in San Antonio. The tank was smaller and placed on a platform about 12-18" high. It allowed them to more easily put a water hose on and drain the tank.

I'm pretty sure you will want a black tank to keep algae from growing.

April Wilkenson on YouTube has a video of how she did hers. I think it is called "Installing a Water Tank" or something like that.

Comment

Good idea. We had to put a 5,000 gallon tank in front of our new office in case the building catches on fire. Looks like poop.

Comment

Wrap it in copper and make it look like a moonshine still

Comment

Only picture I had, but you can see the tank in The back.. we went with a black tank to cut down on algae. I just ran a flat roof for simplicity and ran LED’s under the corners to accent the tower at night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                    Only picture I had, but you can see the tank in The back.. we went with a black tank to cut down on algae. I just ran a flat roof for simplicity and ran LED’s under the corners to accent the tower at night...

Nice. Is that wrapped in wood planks?

Comment

I built my well house out of the same brick that’s on my house. That wood looks good too though !

Comment

Wrapped in cedar pickets and banded with steel bands we use for shipping up at my place of business

Comment

Bowfish, that looks great! Did you attach the planks to the tank before you banded them?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

No sir, that was a bit of a show.... I set them up and secured a loose band.... then straightened them and set a tighter band.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post

Are those little cowpokes twins ?

Comment

Working...
                              X