• Show
Clear All

Great work! Did you get it finished?

Comment

Looks great

Comment

I’m in on this!

Comment

So I got it finished enough to take out to the lease the day after Thanksgiving. Got out there late and it was really cold that night. Got it leveled up on blocks and plugged in. I went to flip all the breakers and the breaker for my mini split Hvac system kept tripping as soon as I switched the breaker to ON. Sparks would fly in the box. One of the guys on the lease had an electric radiator heater. With all the insulation that thing kept the trailer very toasty. Turned out my electrician had over tightened a clamp and the movement of the trailer being hauled pulled one of the wires and it was touching another wire. Everything else worked fine. After a two hour drive and 10 minutes of diagnosis he had the problem fixed and was headed back to Dallas later that week. We got back down to the lease 2 weeks later and were able to enjoy it again. Used the cleaning station for the first time cleaning a big hog I shot. It maxed out the hoist which is rated at 220lbs unless it is doubled back on itself to double the rating. It also flexed the 6” channel iron bumper the hitch is welded to. I also built a large porch platform that makes it a lot easier to get in and out. It has rained 2 of the three weekends we have been there since Thanksgiving and we get really muddy there. So I am going to build an enclosed and covered porch on the platform with a screen door. All the material is there but it’s been so muddy I wanted to wait until
          It’s dry before I do all the framing. I furnished about 90% of the things on the inside with bargains I found in the FB Marketplace. I still have to trim out the windows and put some black out blinds up. The electric company has a pole outside one side of the trailer and it has a security light that comes on at night. Lights up the inside enough to keep me awake. Some black trash bags are solving that issue for the time being.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow that turned out nice. Great job.

Comment

Awesome job!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

You’re handy! I love it. Hope y’all enjoy it for years

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Dude! This is awesome! Is the plan to put steps up to the bunk area? I bet that made camp much more comfortable this year! No more living room sleeping - unless you fell asleep on the couch.

Comment

Quality design, execution, and implementation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1st class all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome build!

Comment

That is awesome!
                              Nice work!

Comment

Good stuff! Well done.

Comment