No announcement yet.

Trailer Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best deer hunting investment I ever made was making one of these. You will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Nice refurbish. That’s my problem. Can’t throw things away because I know I’ll be using it down the road. It’s been a long road.

Comment

nice work

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Looks good. What spacers did you use if you don't mind me asking. I have been looking on craigslist for a cheap trailer to do the same thing. I picked up some Polaris wheels and tires from a fellow TBHer so just need a trailer and spacers.

Comment

Had to go back to your first pic of trailer and just shake my head. You really did an outstanding job turning that old trailer into a much improved version. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                  Looks good. What spacers did you use if you don't mind me asking. I have been looking on craigslist for a cheap trailer to do the same thing. I picked up some Polaris wheels and tires from a fellow TBHer so just need a trailer and spacers.
                  I used a 4x4 to 4x156 2 inch spacer I got it off flea bay for about $140.00

I looked at a many web sites flea bay had what I needed.

I seen a few of those trailer for $100 on facebook market place.

Cost

Trailer new about $200.00
                  Spacer 140.00
                  Tub an install tube 45.00
                  2 can's primer 8.00
                  2 can's flat black 8.00
                  box New screws 11.00 only need 14 put bought a small box.
                  About 6 hours of labor I work slow. My neighbor help with while I held metal in place.

I am going to buy a 4 foot piece of thin 2 inch flat bar and 2 inch angle
                  I will put that over the end of the wood at both end. If that makes sense. I'll post a picture.

The metal is 3/4x3/4 square tube got that for free from tractor supply

Expanded metal I had left over from another project a few years ago.

I had the deck boards from a project that I did not start. I used 4 board

Comment

Got the deck on. Finished I think

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7562.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	24620830

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a neat little trailer !

Comment

Excellent project, really like how that turned out, and thanks for detailed steps of your remodel along the way.

Comment

Very nice job Stan.

Comment

This is a great project that should pay back in spades! That trailer will be handier that a pocket on a shirt. Tagging to see how the story ends and see this little guy in action.....

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X