No announcement yet.

Bass tracker II to Flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd look at the Parker Duck Boat paint. It's an oil based, self etching paint designed for aluminum boats. Excellent stuff, and already in the shades you're looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
      I'd look at the Parker Duck Boat paint. It's an oil based, self etching paint designed for aluminum boats. Excellent stuff, and already in the shades you're looking at.

They just didn’t have the exact shade that I wanted. It looked like they had similar ones but hard to tell on a screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely getting closer. Work and rain once again getting in the rain. I would for sure be painting this week. But with the hurricane possibility I’ll wait.

Finished cutting the interior aluminum.

Laying out the hatch trays I built and tracing them. Hopefully going to weld in the hatches tomorrow.

I have to cut deck holes for future duck blind, holes for bow nav lights, and led lights that I’m going to put on the sides to help see banks while driving at night. Then I’m going to run wiring and hosing to the back to hopefully make wiring easier.

Comment

Hatches are installed but the biggest problem I ran into is the hatch lids sticking too far up. In my mind the 1/8th didn’t seem like it would really be a big deal. But after I finished it, the one 1/8th seemed like a potential trip hazard. I decided I would rather have the lids recessed if not level. The bad news is it’s been a giant pain in the rear to fix.

In the meantime I installed all the foam floatation today. I’m going to install all the flooring back up and I should do some finishing welds on the inside and I should be done with the interior.

I got my poling platform from a company called swamp ox. I’m pretty impressed with it! It’ll be perfect for poling, hanging decoys, and led lights! It’ll also be removable if need be.

Jackplate should be coming in tomorrow. Then I should pretty much have everything I need to finish the build.

Hopefully I can finish all aluminum work the next couple of days and paint next week.

Comment

I was just thinking about this project the other day. And wondering how it was coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I was just thinking about this project the other day. And wondering how it was coming along.

Slowly! But getting there!

Comment

How will you connect the SwampOx poling platform to the deck?

Comment

Originally posted by nushagak View Post
                  How will you connect the SwampOx poling platform to the deck?

So it comes with mounting brackets and screws not in the picture!

Comment

Started painting today. Color ended up coming out a little darker than I had wanted for my feet. Couldn’t even put my hand on it without it burning. So I ended up going a little lighter in tan. I think the lighter color will match better to my faux teak looking sea deck whenever I pull the trigger on the sea deck.

Comment

I like blonds. Must be why I was blond when I was younger. Now I like silvers. But it don't make good camo.

Looking good bro! You gonna be ready by the opener?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I like blonds. Must be why I was blond when I was younger. Now I like silvers. But it don't make good camo.

Looking good bro! You gonna be ready by the opener?

Man I sure hope so!!!

Unfortunately I have some unexpected hunts to film this week. So I’ll probably get the black hull color on tomorrow and that will be it. Hopefully next week I can get the motor back together and started.

Comment

The color scheme is turning out nicely!

Comment

All the paint done! Onto rigging next week!

Comment

Looking sweet!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X