Clear All

Those look great Bobby~!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Those look great Bobby~!

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang now your a paid carpenter! I'm impressed!

Comment

Thanks. Beautiful day outside yesterday. Enjoyed building by them.

Comment

Chew, you are doing pretty good work, impressive for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              All that while squeezing in a little crime fighting along the way.

The man is talented!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Those look great Bobby~!
                Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                [emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by doug View Post
                Dang now your a paid carpenter! I'm impressed!
                Thanks guys! Got 4 more customers lined up now. Gonna be busy.

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                The wife won't quit talking about meeting up with Radar to learn about moonshine. =)

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                All that while squeezing in a little crime fighting along the way.

The man is talented!!
                Been a long morning...or short night. Can't remember.

Comment

Looking good Mr Chew, great idea. Rabbits have been mentioned for years as the ultimate self sufficiency meat that doesn’t take up allot of room. Start you a worm bed under the cage, you have fish bait and worm casting etc for the garden.

Comment

Just seeing this thread so I’ll have to check out the videos later when I get a chance.
                    I built all my cages out of schedule 80 pvc. They are really light and easy to move. I move my cages twice a day to keep them on fresh grass and cut down on feed costs. The pvc pens work so good, I’m going to build a big one for my broiler chickens.

Comment

just noticed this thread as well. Fun project!
                      i was in the rabbit biz for awhile when my kids did FFA, i think i was up to maybe 12 Californian does. I ran into three problems: 1) air conditioning is generally needed to get them to breed in time for show season- not an issue for you. 2) my kids and wife never really loved the meat that much. they didn't object to the flavor but the sharp bones are different from chicken and they never really got on board. 3) the cost of feed.. i was on the hook for lots of bags of fairly expensive pellets. If you have a good source of alfalfa and maybe a wholesale hookup for pellets you can keep costs down. Otherwise i found it not nearly as economical as pigs or chickens.

Bottom line, if your wife thinks it's a good thing, keep it up!
                      Good luck!

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by gburk View Post
                          just noticed this thread as well. Fun project!
                          i was in the rabbit biz for awhile when my kids did FFA, i think i was up to maybe 12 Californian does. I ran into three problems: 1) air conditioning is generally needed to get them to breed in time for show season- not an issue for you. 2) my kids and wife never really loved the meat that much. they didn't object to the flavor but the sharp bones are different from chicken and they never really got on board. 3) the cost of feed.. i was on the hook for lots of bags of fairly expensive pellets. If you have a good source of alfalfa and maybe a wholesale hookup for pellets you can keep costs down. Otherwise i found it not nearly as economical as pigs or chickens.

Bottom line, if your wife thinks it's a good thing, keep it up!
                          Good luck!
                          The TAMUK Composite Rabbits we are breeding are designed to be heat tolerant. We will see how it goes. We only have 3 now. I butchered 3 meat rabbits a few weeks ago. Just got a buck and 2 doe. Not ready to breed yet. Maybe end of May.

Comment

cool - the big ears should help.

Comment

Where did you get a hold of your rabbits? I’d be interested in some TAMUK breeding stock. Mine just came from a local feed store one year around Easter. I’m not sure of the breed, but I’m pretty sure I got Rex Rabbits

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                                Where did you get a hold of your rabbits? I’d be interested in some TAMUK breeding stock. Mine just came from a local feed store one year around Easter. I’m not sure of the breed, but I’m pretty sure I got Rex Rabbits
                                There's not a lot of places. But I'm on a Tamuk Facebook page and I've seen a few. I went to royse city. But I see your south. There is a guy in Freeport that I remember seeing. Let me know when you're ready and I'll help you. We should be having 2 litters around the 1st of July if the breeding goes well at the end of may

Comment

Working...
                                X