Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Now you are talking! Pour the corn too them
    He's out of corn for thhe season. I have about 30 pounds left.

Comment

Good job

Corns cheap vs damage. I’ve probably caught 40 on this last bag alone. Should have more tomorrow. Never let up!!! The moment you do, you loose

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        He's out of corn for thhe season. I have about 30 pounds left.
        Dang! That didn't last as long as I thought it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Good job

Corns cheap vs damage. I’ve probably caught 40 on this last bag alone. Should have more tomorrow. Never let up!!! The moment you do, you loose
          I have a lot of other things to take care of and this is taking a lot of my time. Honestly, I'm looking forward to focusing on farm stuff. Plus, I think once it starts getting hot my neighbors won't be so willing to take the hogs, which means I'll have to dump the carcasses.

Comment

So much win in this thread

Comment

Just found this thread and it's a GREAT ONE

Comment

Been a minute, let’s see some more dead hawgs!!!

Comment

Just picking this up! I love to see a plan come together, any more luck?

Comment

Sorry yall, Round 2 has closed. It's been 3 weeks since we've seen any hogs. My neighbors are buying me beer and eagerly awaiting the fall to close the door on more hogs.

I have seen a lot more fawns this year. The way the trap is built, I don't want to risk a fawn getting stuck in there if for some freak reason the gate were to drop. I'll be taking the gate down and opening the pen up this weekend.

Stay tuned for Round 3 starting when the corn gets harvested!

Comment

I do not set my traps during this time of year either. Way to easy to trap a fawn and or hungry doe.

I have really enjoyed your thread and amazed at the sheer numbers you have trapped.

Rwc

Comment

Bout the only way to catch the bigger ones now. They're getting trap wise.

Comment

Thanks for taking us along Tracey! I'll be looking forward to Round #3.

Comment

Unbeliveable.

I have been meaning to take down my drop gate to keep fawns from getting trapped but I just have not had time. I decided to make time on Saturday morning. I have not baited the trap since May 20. The deer were eating all of the corn every 2-3 days.

But, we had dug a hole in early May and put corn in it. Nothing ever dug it up. Until Friday night.

Yup, Saturday morning I checked my camera hoping to see a fawn or 2 and the gate was down. I only had 1 photo of pig ears about 30 minutes prior.

I walked out to the trap, didn't see or hear anything. I hopped the fence, rifle ready. I almost stepped on a fawn. He ran the fence line trying to find a way out. He finally climbed up and through one of the top large squares. I walked a few more feet and the hogs were laying on the ground - the sow letting her very tiny piglets nurse. Another whole sounder trapped. 2 boars, a sow, and 5 or 6 piglets. I immediately shot the boars and sow (hit 2 in the neck with 1 shot). The weeds were thigh high and I could not see the babies. With the wind blowing, I couldn't even rely on the weeds moving as an indicator.

I called for help. A few hours later a guy arrived and we returned. The tiny strippers had slipped under except for 1. He was the size of a cat. The brush was so thick he ran to me and I was reaching down to grab him when he scooted. My friend shot the piglet as he entered a bare spot. ( I forgot to take pics.)

And my neighbor came and got the ones we killed. We took down the gate and will leave it down until we plant oats. So, 115 pigs killed.

The good news - there is definitely much less damage on the place and we've seen a lot more fawns than ever before. Seems to be the same number of does but definitely a lot more fawns.

Comment

awesome! keep it up

Comment

Hogs will kill fawns. Just a great job. I have my bug trap running now. Caught 4 a couple days ago. Better go check it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X