No announcement yet.

Texas Sized Hog Trap - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been fun but when I run out of corn I'm done until October. I have other things to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Its been fun but when I run out of corn I'm done until October. I have other things to accomplish.
      You have added a little fresh joy to my life with all those dead pig pics. That's just how I like them. Dead.

Comment

Steve, I can't wait to open the trap next fall! Its bigger and better than ever. We were going wait until after deer season but this is too much fun. And the gun shots are not running the deer off like we thought.

I need 9 more pigs to get to 100.

Comment

Steve, I can't wait to open the trap next fall! Its bigger and better than ever. We were going wait until after deer season but this is too much fun. And the gun shots are not running the deer off like we thought.

I need 9 more pigs to get to 100.
          Looks like you did some real good with that last batch. Surely there will be another group ramble through and too 100 for you.. That trap will be there for many years.

Comment

9 will be a chip shot.

Nice work!

Comment

It was fun and I am glad I finally got to join in!!

Comment

I just went back and read every single post on here. What a great time we had!

I'm now soaking my corn in diesel to keep the deer from eating it all. It seems to work well. Maybe we can get that last sounder after all. I haven't seen any on camera since the last group we trapped. Hard to believe we trapped 91 pigs in a 2 acre trap in the middle of a 80 acre lease. The north side of the lease is another native brush hunting area, but it only covers about 100 acres.

Comment

Averaging 30 a month.
                  That's a lot of pigs.
                  Come on 100!

Comment

I just went back and read every single post on here. What a great time we had!

I'm now soaking my corn in diesel to keep the deer from eating it all. It seems to work well. Maybe we can get that last sounder after all. I haven't seen any on camera since the last group we trapped. Hard to believe we trapped 91 pigs in a 2 acre trap in the middle of a 80 acre lease. The north side of the lease is another native brush hunting area, but it only covers about 100 acres.
                    Can you just imagine how many hogs there would be if every one of the females you caught raised 8 pigs? By the way they would have. You eliminated. Over 1000 hogs by fall.

Comment

Great idea 👍

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Can you just imagine how many hogs there would be if every one of the females you caught raised 8 pigs? By the way they would have. You eliminated. Over 1000 hogs by fall.
                        oooh, you such a sweet talker!! I like it!

Comment

Hot diggity dog! 6 more!
                          Attached Files

Comment

So, 3 more and you reach 100...............great job.

Rwc

Comment

OMG!!! Theres a lot more than 6!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

OMG!!! Theres a lot more than 6!!
                                take plenty of shooters!

Sad really, it just shows how we will never be able to control the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X