Texas Sized Hog Trap - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    My husband wants me to stop because its getting too hot. I told him they won't stop eating or having six so why should I stop trapping them? Then he said, but they will die in the heat. To which I said, "thats the point."

Hell I thought he was worried about you in the heat but he’s worried about the pigs? [emoji23]

Death is the end game. Keep on keeping on!

Comment

This is a great thread! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Keep making them dead. I love this thread.

Comment

Put a bucket of water in there so they’ll stay alive long enough to SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y'all. For the first time I think we are making a dent in the pig population. I've only seen 2 sows. They have several different sizes of piglets with them, meaning we've killed lots of mommas. I think if we can get these last 2 sows, we will be able to fix the hog wallows. Here's 1 sow with lots of different babies. With the other photos, I counted about 20 with her.

The other sow has a very distinctive highly infected gun shot wound in her right ham. Maybe she'll get tetnus. She looks very poor.

My fear is they won't go into the trap and I'll have to try to shoot them. I don't like that thought because it will be difficult to find them in the dark and they normally come around the trap after midnight. I'm normally dead asleep by then.

Comment

Got 7 more. None are the sows I'm looking for but they'll do.
              Attached Files

Comment

Or did we? We went out at 200 to shoot them and didn't see them. I thought they maybe slipped under the fence. I decided to open the gate but not bait it and come back later to mend the weak spot. I didn't make it but thought I'd return Sunday to fix it.

At 630 this is what the camera picked up - my 7 pigs leaving!

I guess they hid in the thick brush and the heat kept them there even as we walked by them.

Well played Pigs, well played! We'll catch you later. And we will be sure to come back in the evenings when its cooler and you are more likely to be moving.
                Attached Files

Comment

Have to edit my post. Guess your training them to bring back some sows?

That's the excuse I'd use.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-02-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I think this is the second or third time we've trapped some of this group. The first time they were tiny and alipped through the wire squares. The second time they went under a weak spot. The third time, they just ran out the gate. .

I'm sure we'll get them sooner than later.

Comment

So....you missed?[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Lol. That's funny right there. In 4 months those will be having their own piglets.

Comment

I hope in 2 weeks they'll be back in my trap.

Comment

We had our biggest catch yet! 19 and every sin6one was less than 40 pounds!

I think this includes the ones we caught last week.
                            Attached Files

Comment

We are up to 91 pigs killed since February 3.

Comment

Never gets old...

Comment

Working...
                                X