No announcement yet.

Time for a new blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to paint that grey stuff, or stop taking pictures so close...looks like hell in the pictures.

This is life building large deer blinds in a small shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I need to paint that grey stuff, or stop taking pictures so close...looks like hell in the pictures.

This is life building large deer blinds in a small shop.

That's better than have-n to build them outdoors,... in the wind,... and the cold,...without any whiskey,... or beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        That's better than have-n to build them outdoors,... in the wind,... and the cold,...without any whiskey,... or beer.
        I'm certain there's beer in that shop just as sure as God's got sandals.

Comment

Got to work a little bit last night. I used a unibit to knock a hole in each corner of each window, then used the electric shears to cut them out. It worked really well, I just had to slick up the edge with the flapper disc.

I was gonna hang the windows, but I’m gonna have to pre-drill the holes for all of the screws, so I need to grab a few more bits. I was able to hang the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You building a blind or house?? Hell of a blind! In for the finish...

Comment

Dale, why did you have the window openings covered with the flat sheet metal bent on the bottom instead of finishing out the openings with normal J channel like is typically done with R panel? Faster?

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                Dale, why did you have the window openings covered with the flat sheet metal bent on the bottom instead of finishing out the openings with normal J channel like is typically done with R panel? Faster?
                It's faster for me, and I can guarantee it won't leak. I don't really know the proper process to trim around windows with J trim, and it's been a pain in the *** every time I've done it...so I elected not to do it 5 times.

Also it makes the U-panel sheets all less than 48", that way I can bend them to go around the corners and not have to use corner trim.

I did my Boat Trailer blind the same way, and it has worked out really well, so I just stuck with what I know.

Comment

Thanks Dale, that makes sense.

Comment

Cool build. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Wish I had picked up welding...I've built some decent blinds & messed around with a little wood work but I always enjoyed seeing metal come together.

Any guess on the final weight??

Comment

Life time blind right there! That short winder is the right height for peeing out of!

Comment

I'm in!

Also need to pay attention more. A month behind on a Moser build is straight unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I was able to bend the U-Panel around each corner so I won’t have to deal with corner trim.

Is it bent 1” around the corner? Also how did you bend it? I’m working with some U panel for a ranch shower house and I’m hoping I can bend a panel around the corners with plenty of room to overlap the next panel.

Comment

Been following but haven't posted. Awesome blind Dale. Knowing you, I would be disappointed if it wasn't overkill!!!

Comment

Time for a new blind.

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                                Is it bent 1” around the corner? Also how did you bend it? I’m working with some U panel for a ranch shower house and I’m hoping I can bend a panel around the corners with plenty of room to overlap the next panel.

Yep, most of it is bent about an inch around. I used that little 48” pan brake pictured above to flatten out the last “U”, then bend what was left.

If you don’t have one of those, you can screw that panel on real good down that edge, then hammer it around with a plasti deadblow mallet, then screw’er down. I put a bead of silicon behind them all.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-05-2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X