No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a great looking sled. I acquired a 16’ I’m hoping to set up similar.

maybe even a take down platform for the front.

Comment

I keep kicking that around too. Elevation makes the difference. I'd like something about 3' or so.

Comment

Nice looking rig! That is similar to what I have done to mine.

Comment

Yes it is. Kinda intentional. I got several ideas from yours. I did my deck with plywood to see if the layout worked, it did. I will redo it in aluminum in the future.

Comment

I painted a couple lure blanks this week and made a few plastics for spring. I always hear throw red for bass in the spring so I did some Fire Craw stuff. The crank bait worked great. Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	26744537 Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	26744538 Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	26744539

Comment

How deep does that crank bait swim?

Comment

It's pretty shallow, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2' or so. I use em for reds too so I don't want them getting into the oysters. Right now the bass can't leave them alone. This one got em this morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	304.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	26745796

Comment

This new slow sinker was doing the work Saturday night. I tinkered with the sink rate, I removed some lead so it sinks about a foot in 2 seconds. It has an internal rattle I made out of brass tubing and 1/4'' steel balls to make some noise. It got a couple 24'' trout and a few 19-20''er's. This is a resin cast lure from a silicone mold I made. Click image for larger version  Name:	62.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	26753088

Comment

I sure hate to see you throwing those beautifully painted lures. But I guess they can't just sit on a shelf, either.

Comment

Thanks but I think they look better with scratches. If I lose it I'll make another.It does hurt for awhile lol.

Comment

Looks awesome; great work

Comment

Making a couple more slow sinkers. I make the wire harness and add the homemade rattle. Mix the two part resin with 10% micro balloons so it will float. It cures in about 20 minutes. Take em out and clean them. Time to add weights, paint and throw them in the water. Click image for larger version

Name:	49.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	26762830 Click image for larger version

Name:	47.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	26762831 Click image for larger version

Name:	48.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	26762832 Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	26762833

Comment

Very cool !

Comment

Comment

Those are some cool glide baits. Get busy making more, they're all sold out. That means they work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X