No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went a different direction on this top water. I made it out of maple burl, man that stuff is hard to carve. No paint, just a clear coat. It does have an internal rattle and it walks great.
    Attached Files

Comment

One more.
      Attached Files

Comment

I had a old man give me 4 big boxes of what he called blanks? They are all wood they need finishing pant or what ever, If any body wants a hand full or two let me know I live in Hubbard if you want to look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          I got this one built last week. It's made of balsa with an internal rattle. It has a hard float (it comes up fast) and dives to about 2' and it's 3'' long. I made it for throwing at reds in shallow bayous. I fished it this past weekend and got no takers. The good news is it works great and I'm sure it will get em soon.

Pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went a different direction on this top water. I made it out of maple burl, man that stuff is hard to carve. No paint, just a clear coat. It does have an internal rattle and it walks great.
            That is beautiful. Kinda looks like a skitter walk profile. How does it cast?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              That is beautiful. Kinda looks like a skitter walk profile. How does it cast?
              Very much a Skitterwalk profile. The maple burl is stabilized so it's very dense. I put a very small split shot in the belly so it will stay upright when it lands. I'm glad it was a small one because it feels heavy to cast but it walks very well. And the rattle is still loud enough. I made it for a friend but I probably wouldn't use maple burl again, it's very hard to carve.

Comment

Got a new shrimp mold in the mail and got out in the shed to make a few. My wife said she was going to boil em up lol. Also made a few of the classics I like so much.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like they already on paper plate-bowls ready to be ate.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Got a new shrimp mold in the mail and got out in the shed to make a few. My wife said she was going to boil em up lol. Also made a few of the classics I like so much.
                    Tell me where to send the check. Strawbry and white to throw at working birds was a staple when I was growing up.

Comment

Those shrimp tails are LEGIT!!!

Comment

I refined the colors just a bit on the next batch. I think I'm happy with that. If they don't get em I don't know what will lol.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You’ve got this thing down to a T sir!

Comment

Something a little different. I used unflavored gelatine and Berkley Gulp Recharge to make my own Gulp shrimp. Also poured them into a small ice cube tray to make cubes. I'll post a recipe up after I do some testing. It will dissolve in water but I'm not sure how long it will last. I made it very concentrated so it's as firm as a regular lure. I'll find out how it does and post some results.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Man, these are so awesome! Way to go

Love that maple topwater!

ac

Comment

Something a little different. I used unflavored gelatine and Berkley Gulp Recharge to make my own Gulp shrimp. Also poured them into a small ice cube tray to make cubes. I'll post a recipe up after I do some testing. It will dissolve in water but I'm not sure how long it will last. I made it very concentrated so it's as firm as a regular lure. I'll find out how it does and post some results.
                                I can only imagine how awesome those are under the lights!

Comment

Working...
                                X