No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more. It's hard to take a picture with all the reflection.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      One more. It's hard to take a picture with all the reflection.
      Lots of flash, for sure. Let us know how it does in the water, very cool design.

Comment

Very cool.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of epoxy/glue are you using to glue the cd onto the cutting board material??

Comment

Two part 5 minute epoxy from Walmart. For a final clear coat I use 2 part 30 minute Devcon, it dries very clear. I can't scuff the back side of the CD so I'll coat the hole thing in a clear coat after painting.

Comment

The back side of the label on a CD is what gives it the hologram look. Take it off and it's clear plastic.

Comment

Two part 5 minute epoxy from Walmart. For a final clear coat I use 2 part 30 minute Devcon, it dries very clear. I can't scuff the back side of the CD so I'll coat the hole thing in a clear coat after painting.
                The back side of the label on a CD is what gives it the hologram look. Take it off and it's clear plastic.
                Thanks for responding. Awesome work as usual.

Comment

Phish CD?

Comment

I'm not that clever lol.

Comment

I got it painted. I went with another classic, blue back chrome side. I put the epoxy on after that picture so I'll post another one tomorrow when it dries. Sometime this weekend I'll throw it in the water and see how it does. I don't like the CD as a lure material after working on this one. I'm unable to shape the sides so it makes a blocky looking lure. I do like the holographic look it gives. If it catches em I'll have different opinion. Lol
                      Attached Files

Comment

My high tech epoxy drying box.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A few more.
                          My son has started doing lures. Care if i ask what method you did here to get the two different colors to fuse? Assuming your poured then cut tails off to change colors.

Comment

There's several different ways. On those I did like you said, cut them off, heated the end with a heat gun (it makes them bond) and poured in a tail. If I can help him in any way please let me know. My cell is 281-690-3190, you can text or call.

Comment

I'm not sure I liked the CD material, epoxy doesn't like a sharp edge. It leaves a rough edge and I can't round off the CD enough for the epoxy to be smooth. I do like the reflection it gives though. I'm going to layer the cutting board material for a jerk bait or something, I like working with that material. The rattles inside sound great also. I'll see how it works in the water, I like to be able to form the shape better.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well, from my desk top it looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X