No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished up a few of my jigs, I didn’t go real elaborate, you tend to lose these things to kingfish. Lol

Comment

Those are just cool. Nice job on the paint. Do you coat them with epoxy or some type of top coat?

Comment

2 part epoxy, dries level, crystal clear and dang near indestructible.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          2 part epoxy, dries level, crystal clear and dang near indestructible.
          Nice work, good choice of colors.

Comment

Nice work Philip!

Comment

excellent work!!!

Comment

Wow! Amazing work Kevin!!

Comment

Kevin, what's your favorite Plastisol to use? Do you prefer scented? And if so, what kind have you had the best luck with? You got me thinking about making Lizards now!

Comment

It depends. I use Dead On black bucket swim bait blend for anything I want to sink and clarity isn't important. It gets a lot of bubbles and I don't use a vacuum chamber. Injecting it's not a problem, hand pouring clarity matters. For hand pouring I use Bait Plastics medium blend, it floats unless you add salt. Salt affects clarity though.
                    I like to use medium blend no matter what, I can always add softener or hardener if needed. General use I Use Dead On, it doesn't burn easily.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      And reloading on the ribbon tails.

Dang we need to switch out ribbon tail molds for a short time. Mine is more like an ol monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine is a 7" Do It essential series. If you use WD 40 to lube it they turn out with a good finish. I'm up for a swap For a few weeks if you are. PM me an address and I'll sent it. I've been wearing em out on the purple and the watermelon candy I make. I also been tail dipping em in Spike It Garlic.

Comment

Here's some I just did. The WD 40 makes a big difference on the finish, even on the Senko worms.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            Here's some I just did. The WD 40 makes a big difference on the finish, even on the Senko worms.
                            Nice work Kevin, and in my favorite fish catchin’ color too.

Comment

I'm a watermelon candy guy but the purple worms are sure working lately.

Comment

I'm trying another wood lure that's a little different. This is a prototype for the size and lip angle. I float tested it and it's rises at a good speed, I need to see how it cranks down. I'm going to leave it natural wood with a two part epoxy top coat.I'll check the action in a couple days. This is working towards a jerk bait type bait for big trout in the winter. I wanted a bigger profile than my last one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X