No announcement yet.

Mega Tank Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How heavy do you figure the platform to be? Are you going to use heavy equipment when putting this bad boy up?

Comment

Following. Ive got an old tank at the ranch I need to to do this to. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
        How heavy do you figure the platform to be? Are you going to use heavy equipment when putting this bad boy up?

Two guys could carry the platform around before the plywood went on, with the plywood and tank on it, it’s heavy, but two guys can still lift one end off the ground. The plan right now is to put it up using man power. I’ve decided to only make the legs 6’. Since the deck on the trailer that we are going to haul it on is already at 40”, 3 guys should be able to lift one end up enough to slip the front two legs on, then drive the trailer out from under it and slip in the last 2 legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
          For the hole on the side you could use a sheet of plexi glass thats about twice the width of the hole (so it will form the same shape and fit flush with the curvature of the blind) and mount it using window screen track so you can pull the plexi glass down vertically. This way it will act as a vent system that you can open and close at will.

I'm going to add some rifle windows to my krivoman blinds just like I've described above. Haven't done it yet but intend to use one of the following options for the window track:

Shop Sequentia 1.42-in x 8-ft Finished Vinyl Wall Panel Moulding at Lowe's.com. Sequentia division bars feature patterned expansion control guides to assist with proper FRP installation.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stabilit...96CB/205347154

I like that idea. It would also double as a peek window to see what’s sneaking up behind me.

Comment

Love these builds. I would love to get 3-4 more. I drive by the deer view window place so I got some of his off sized windows for cheap. They work great.il
            Nice work! You will love hunting out of them.
            Attached Files

Comment

I finally got a few hours to work on the blind yesterday evening. I was able to get the door cut and weatherstripped in and I got the topside of the plywood painted. Hopefully I’ll be able to cut in the windows next weekend.

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Looking good....in for the rest of the build.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

This is great.

Comment

Cool build!

Comment

Looking good.. Definitely will be a lifetime blind.

Quick question on the Windows...

Why so Tall?

I have a blind that is 6-7 ft to the base and I think my windows may be 14" tall? I can shoot from 7 yards to further than I will shoot.

Will be a dang fine blind either way, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                            Looking good.. Definitely will be a lifetime blind.

Quick question on the Windows...

Why so Tall?

I have a blind that is 6-7 ft to the base and I think my windows may be 14" tall? I can shoot from 7 yards to further than I will shoot.

Will be a dang fine blind either way, just curious.

I figured 30” windows would be a little more forgiving on height placement. If they seem too big, I could always cover up part of them with a curtain or some netting.

Comment

Really cool build looking forward to more updates!

Comment

Unless you are putting 15ft in the air to the floor than 30 inch window will be way to big. 24 inch should be plenty. If you are onky going 4 or 6 feet high then an 18 inch window will be plenty

Comment

Working...
                                X