No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am almost finished with Project Skipjack! Haven’t updated this thread in some time now so, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Comment

It sure is shaping up to be an awesome little boat! Great work throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Excited to see you get this boat on the water. Awesome work.

Comment

The e tec decal is a nice touch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It has been another very productive morning! The grab bar has been installed along with the battery box. Now to scrub the deck, touch up the paint, install the registration numbers and convert the outboard back to electric start and she is done!!!

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
              Project Skipjack

Comment

Looks great when you gonna splash it?

Comment

Absolute Awesomeness

Comment

Man that is pure awesomeness!!! Hope to see you on the water in Seadrift one day.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                      Looks great when you gonna splash it?

Next weekend and thanks!

Comment

I all but finished the boat today!!! All that is left is to mount the cooler cushions, screw the navigation light onto the cowling, and have my bride fabricate the console backrest cushion as well as modify the cover so it fits over the console. Friday afternoon I will convert the outboard back to electric start (replacement parts just arrived).

Comment

Man this is coming together! What an awesome build and thank you for taking us along for the ride. Love the “E-Tech” sticker. That’s hilarious. Really doesn’t look like you made it in a garage. That boat could be on the showroom floor. Looking forward to its maiden voyage and hope I can catch you in Seadrift sometime and put my hands on Skipjack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to add this picture from earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              Forgot to add this picture from earlier today.

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a slick look-n rig Michael! You should be well proud of it. Built in the USA by a Texan and US Vet!

Don't forget to throw a marine compass in there some where as a back-up to your electronics. I've literally have had them save my day in a heavy fog. And heaven forbid should you ever lose power to all of your electronics for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X