No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great thread. You have put tons of work into that...and it shows with every little detail. That right there is something to be proud of. I remember reading this back when it started out as a busted up shipment of wood. That's built better than anything you can buy off the shelf and something most folks wont even begin to appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to share all the work and pics. I enjoyed the thread a ton. Great craftsmanship there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Banded Drake Calls View Post
      Looking good, is the deck coating finished or will you add a splatter type effect to it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I decided to just go all white. The splatter effect looks kewl but to me it’s just almost dated so I opted not to though I may change my mind later

Thank y’all so very much. This build has been a blast!

Comment

Unreal, looks awesome! When are you taking orders?

Comment

I love the Crosses on the deck hatch lid.

Comment

Daaang son!! You do good work! **** impressive! Well done!

Comment

Get that motor mounted and get her salty!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                I decided to just go all white. The splatter effect looks kewl but to me it’s just almost dated so I opted not to though I may change my mind later

Thank y’all so very much. This build has been a blast!
                Since you'll be down this way with it a lot, down the road if you need to refinish the deck, look into a company in Victoria called Boat Transformers (or Garage Transformers, same guys, different "divisions"), they do a flake covering thats it suppose to be a lifetime coating and can do a huge variety of colors. A little pricey at first for just a deck (would probably be under 1000 if you prepped it and took it to them to jusy coat), but its definitely a solid product.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank y’all!

I have been thinking about changing the deck layout just a bit. Instead of the 5gal bucket, put the 48qt cooler there as a helm seat and dry storage for life jackets and dock ropes. Where the 48qt is in the picture, put a 72-90qt that would be a fish box and live bait well (most of the time it would hold drinks instead of bait). This change would add @ 25lbs midship and will make her much more comfortable and functional so the trade off IMO would be worth it. I’ll have to measure to see just how much space I have to play with to determine which one we choose.

Michael

Comment

Why not do a couple 45qt coolers to have storage room and fish box? I run two in my boat and it does fine. Mine also have seats mounted on the lids..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                      Why not do a couple 45qt coolers to have storage room and fish box? I run two in my boat and it does fine. Mine also have seats mounted on the lids..

I have a slick idea for the one in front of the console but it will require a larger cooler. Cushion tops have been ordered as well and should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        Thank y’all!

I have been thinking about changing the deck layout just a bit. Instead of the 5gal bucket, put the 48qt cooler there as a helm seat and dry storage for life jackets and dock ropes. Where the 48qt is in the picture, put a 72-90qt that would be a fish box and live bait well (most of the time it would hold drinks instead of bait). This change would add @ 25lbs midship and will make her much more comfortable and functional so the trade off IMO would be worth it. I’ll have to measure to see just how much space I have to play with to determine which one we choose.

Michael

I like that idea Michael. Don't forget, cushions can be got for some coolers for sitting on too. Skipjack is look-n great!

Comment

Amazing job, beautiful boat.

Comment

She does not look homemade at all...

Comment

That is gorgeous, Micheal! I can't wait to see it on the water.

Comment

I’ve been following along and am so impressed with your workmanship and patience, I have neither! It is a beautiful boat and I can’t wait to see it in the water! Great job Michael!!

Comment

Working...
                                X