No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant wait to see a redfish on her deck!

Comment

Some are just blessed with unreal talent..........................

Have really enjoyed following along.

Rwc

Comment

I had a little window of time this morning and took advantage of it. Epiphanies two-part poly gloss white was applied to the hatch channels and around all recessed hardware. Maybe tomorrow I can mask off the reveals and roll out the nonskid?

I have no idea if I have mentioned this before but I really dislike painting! I do know that the paint job will make or break a project so I decided to make things as difficult as possible [emoji2361]

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
        Project Skipjack

Comment

Got the nonskid put down and now the painting is officially complete!!!

Comment

So, 250 or 300 HP out back?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

LOL! I’d pay to watch that.

Looks awesome Michael. Love the crosses you implemented too. Did you just tape those off when you sprayed the non-skid or did you use different paint? They almost look silver in one of the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                LOL! I’d pay to watch that.

Looks awesome Michael. Love the crosses you implemented too. Did you just tape those off when you sprayed the non-skid or did you use different paint? They almost look silver in one of the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I brushed the gloss white yesterday I also painted a section in the middle of the hatch lid. When I taped off the reveals around the recessed hardware and the hatch lid I taped off three crosses then just rolled the nonskid over it all removing the tape when still just a little tacky. Depending on the angle of the sun they look very subtle or very bright and bold.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

I was actually thinking 350 but a 250 may work [emoji1787]

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Gettin' close!

Comment

That looks dang nice! Can hardly wait to see some pics with water under her.

Comment

Did another quick mockup after polishing and installing the recessed hardware. After that I decided to go ahead and stick down the hatch seal. It turned out just this side of perfect! If all goes well the grab bars console box will get fabricated (if I have time and feel like it).

Michael

Comment

This has been an awesome thread to follow. Looks awesome!

Comment

Looking good, is the deck coating finished or will you add a splatter type effect to it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It does look perfect!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X