No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank y’all! Even though I am right around the corner from wrapping her up it feels like it is going to take forever to knock the last little bit out. How I would love to have everything complete this coming week, I just don’t see it happening. Now is definitely not the time to get in a rush.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
      Michael, that is coming together beautifully! Something to be said for hard work and patience and you have plenty. Can’t wait to see you landing some giants in Seadrift! Hope I get to catch Skipjack in person sometime when I’m down there visiting pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure we will. I’m ready to be back there now, having La Terraza withdrawals as I type this.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        I’m sure we will. I’m ready to be back there now, having La Terraza withdrawals as I type this.

Michael

Dad just sold two lots on Cleveland today and was there celebrating. I know you are killing Skipjack by yourself, but if you need an extra set of hands for something, I’m just down the road in Temple.

Comment

Dad just sold two lots on Cleveland today and was there celebrating. I know you are killing Skipjack by yourself, but if you need an extra set of hands for something, I’m just down the road in Temple.

Will do and thank you!

Michael

Comment

Man that thing look sweet....

Comment

Glad you're starting to feel better Mike. Skipjack is is looking real nice.

Comment

Thank y’all!

Yesterday while at work all I could think about was Skipjack. There were a few spots I was not happy with and even though 90%+ of them would never be seen after the rub rail is installed, I would know they were there and that was enough for me to address them.

After I got home I immediately dawned gloves and grabbed the two-part fairing compound. Within 30 minutes all the spots had been filled. After work today the plan is to sand them smooth and lay down another coat of primer. If all goes well tomorrow will be filled with painting and nonskid!

Michael

Comment

Michael, have you kept track of hours and materials list and cost? I’m curious what the time and cost of this build will be when completed.

Comment

Whatever you do, dont half a it in your mind, because itll drive you crazy if you do.

Great job so far its been a blast to follow. Really looking forward to some reports on how it runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Michael, have you kept track of hours and materials list and cost? I’m curious what the time and cost of this build will be when completed.

I do have receipts for everything but I did not do a real good job of logging my time. For about the first two months I kept accurate time logs then just stopped for whatever reason

Comment

Been following on IG.....looking **** good. Looking at it now I would never guessed it was home built.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Been following on IG.....looking **** good. Looking at it now I would never guessed it was home built.

Thank you Jason and, glad to see you feeling better

Michael

Comment

looks great!

Comment

outstanding!

Comment

Got her decks and gunnels faired and the second coat of primer down! Who knows, she may receive some paint before work tomorrow night?

Comment

Working...
                                X