No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went ahead and mounted the hardware back on in preparation for Thursday’s inspection. Tomorrow I will wrap up the trailer wiring and install the fenders that just arrived.

Comment

Skipjack is look-n sweeter ever time I see it.

Comment

If you would have told me back in February when I started Project Skipjack that I would be where I am now on the build or that the Salt Boatworks FRS-14 plans would be so straightforward and easy to follow, I would question your sanity!

This morning we got Project Skipjack titled and registered with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department! The officer conducting the inspection was very impressed with the design saying she was the best looking home built vessel he has come across in his more than 20 years with the department. That makes me feel pretty darn good and is a testament in and of itself about the Salt Boatworks design!

Comment

Man that turned out awesome. It does not look like a home built boat.

Comment

I do believe this addition increased its value 10 fold!

Comment

love the color!

Comment

Slap a motor on her and get it in the water. I'm excited for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Slap a motor on her and get it in the water. I'm excited for you.

I still have about another 40 hours of work to go before I will splash her. Got to finish fairing the deck and gunnels, paint, nonskid, rig/wire, fabricate the grab bar console box, and rebuild the electric start tiller steer Evinrude 15hp 2-smoke. I do have a running manual start I can run if I get a little impatient.

Comment

Can you hurry up and finish this already??? Don’t you know we’ve got fish to catch when you get over here!

Looking great Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                      Can you hurry up and finish this already??? Don’t you know we’ve got fish to catch when you get over here!

Looking great Sir!

Right!!! I want her first launch to be just down the Lane from you too!

Comment

Man that it allsome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang she's beautiful!

Comment

Michael, that is coming together beautifully! Something to be said for hard work and patience and you have plenty. Can’t wait to see you landing some giants in Seadrift! Hope I get to catch Skipjack in person sometime when I’m down there visiting pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great, can't wait to see how she looks on the water.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

She looks great, Michael. Be proud.

Comment

Working...
                                X