DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all crack me up [emoji23]

I was fortunate enough to get a little more work in today before it got too hot. The last piece of decking has been epoxied down and drying. It took a bit more time because of the recessed scuffer pockets and bilge access modifications but thankfully they were planned before I even started. There’s still plenty to do before I can start glassing but I do not mind one bit!

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
    Project Skipjack

Comment

Coming along nicely!

Glad to see you’re doing well.

Your place down here is looking mighty lonely!!

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        Coming along nicely!

Glad to see you’re doing well.

Your place down here is looking mighty lonely!!

In three more weeks we should be down there. If all goes well I should be finished with Project Skipjack too except for final rigging. In the off chance I can get a TPWD inspection prior to, we will have her in-tow!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          In three more weeks we should be down there. If all goes well I should be finished with Project Skipjack too except for final rigging. In the off chance I can get a TPWD inspection prior to, we will have her in-tow!

Michael
          If you don't get the inspection in time just have someone tow you or paddle to a flat where you can pole her around and catch some tailers.

Going to turn out amazing. If I haven't sold the glide when I get back down there we'll have to meet up on a flat.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
            If you don't get the inspection in time just have someone tow you or paddle to a flat where you can pole her around and catch some tailers.

Going to turn out amazing. If I haven't sold the glide when I get back down there we'll have to meet up on a flat.

Sent from somewhere

Sounds like a plan to me. I always have the Majek I can take too but I like that idea of getting her wet.

Comment

Yesterday I spread thickened epoxy in the bow hatch water channels and will clean them up after the epoxy has fully cured.

Then this morning after I got off duty I laid 6oz glass to the main deck. After it cures I will then spread thickened epoxy along the edges and glass the gunnels, overlapping the deck. I decided to go this route because it will be easier to fair the deck than the sides.

Time to get my brides lunch underway now. Until next time, all the best and God Bless!

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
              Project Skipjack

Comment

The build is delayed yet again. I was finally able to get a cardiologist appointment but it’s still a few days out and by Dr’s orders I have to sit around and not do anything until the appointment. Will update when there is something worth posting.

Until next time, all the best and God Bless,

Michael

Comment

Sending prayers for you

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery!

Comment

The build is delayed yet again. I was finally able to get a cardiologist appointment but it’s still a few days out and by Dr’s orders I have to sit around and not do anything until the appointment. Will update when there is something worth posting.

Michael
                      If you showed him this thread I'm sure he would tell you to finish the boat before you started sitting around.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        If you showed him this thread I'm sure he would tell you to finish the boat before you started sitting around.
                        [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Michael

I’m not good about following most doctors orders but my cardiologist I would listen to!

Good luck Man and let me know if there is anything I can help with!

Comment

Dang, hate to hear that but as mentioned listen the pump house guy

Comment

DIY flats skiff

I was fortunate enough to have been awakened to a phone call this morning. My appointment got bumped to today at 11 so hopefully we can find out just what the heck is going on! All this has left me too much time to get lost in thought of my own mortality. Sometimes I am sure that is a good thing but left to long it can scare the crud out of a man. Dying for me isn’t the scary part but leaving my bride and family at 47 is! It is definitely time to adjust some priorities and take better care of myself. Alcohol and tobacco in moderation probably aren’t too bad for you but the problem is, I’m an overachiever. Will see what the Doc has to say and go from there.

Thank y’all for the thoughts and prayers and I will update soon.

Michael

Comment

I was fortunate enough to have been awakened to a phone call this morning. My appointment got bumped to today at 11 so hopefully we can find out just what the heck is going on! All this has left me too much time to get lost in thought of my own mortality. Sometimes I am sure that is a good thing but left to long it can scare the crud out of a man. Dying for me isn’t the scary part but leaving my bride and family at 47 is! It is definitely time to adjust some priorities and take better care of myself. Alcohol and tobacco in moderation probably aren’t too bad for you but the problem is, I’m an overachiever. Will see what the Doc has to say and go from there.

Thank y’all for the thoughts and prayers and I will update soon.

Michael

Good luck sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X