Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I have and it works great.

Comment

Ive seen the one shot bender in boflys attachment, just didnt see pricing anywhere. I emailed them for quote

Comment

Im gonna have to disagree with most of ya.

That one on the right is not a tube or pipe bender. Its a flat bar/rod stock bender.
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Several sites for plans to make your own bender. Cheap!!!

Get er done!

http://www.blindchickenracing.com/To...bingbender.htm

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I have both of those benders and the one on the left will flatten pipe when bending, depending on the degree of bend. It will flatten drill stem at a 90 degree angle. The one on the right is a flat/rod/square bender but will bend small pipe and not flatten it.

Comment

I have used the one the left with 1-1/2" schedule 40 pipe, trick is to space out the "pins" (bending bars) so as not to flatten bends.Takes acouple sample bends to find the right spacing vs. size of pipe. I agree with slacker at 90 degree it will flatten pipe out depending on spacing of bending bars, tubing it will crush it.. One on right is advertised as rod bender, meaning solid stock or flatstock.
              I stand corrected for mis info. I also stand corrected for mis info on my 1st reply, the one on right is not a tube bender as I stated, it looks similar to a tube bender. I finally looked at descrips on HFT website tonight.
              Last edited by brushtrooper; 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

The orange one is for pipe bending. The dies are made to fit the larger OD of pipe. For example 1" pipe has an OD of 1.315" while 1" tubing has an OD of 1" . The extra space will allow the tubeing to knik. The one on the right is for bending rod and flat bar, I have managed to bend 1/2" and 1" square tubing with one. The results are not the best.

The JD mentioned earlier is the best for your money.

Comment

I've had both. I did not think highly of either.

Comment

Bottom Line you get what you pay for

Comment

Working...
                    X