No announcement yet.

3 barrel feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of work went into that feeder. Lokks great hope it works out for you.

Comment

looks good, i like the combo setup.

Comment

Protein in one, corn in one and apple corn in one. Have each one feed on certain days.... This will have everything in the world coming to eat like Jared at subway for the Monday meatball, Tuesday turkey, Wednesday ham.....

Comment

Excellent idea. Even if you ran 3 motors off or it, one on each barrell. That make sure that there was always one working, would prevent any kind of clogging,

Comment

Any updated pictures of the finished feeder in place.. I am going to build a 2 55 gallon feeder when the seaon is over...

Comment

Originally posted by harleystan4231 View Post
              Any updated pictures of the finished feeder in place.. I am going to build a 2 55 gallon feeder when the seaon is over...
              It's not up right now but I will be putting it up in Kansas some time this year and I will post pics then.

Comment

What size and gauge steel did you use for the frame. Also the size on the feeder tubes. I am going back and forth on the feeder tubes... making them of pvc or steel or even leaving the down tubes off and going with two 12 volt feeder units.....

Going to make one with 2 55 gallon drums.. Thanks

Comment

The frame is 1 1/2" 14 gauge tubing.I wound up going with 2" square tubing 3/16 wall for the legs.The down spouts are 3" tubing and the protein spout is 4".The frame will hold up way more weight than the barrels can hold.Two timers sounds like a good idea.
                  Last edited by Osceola; 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I think it would be easier to use two timers... The cost actually would be less using two timers. I get the complete 12 volt timer unit off ebay for abut $50.00 has a name of Tundra Quest.. Thanks

Comment

nice

Comment

Very nice, should last 4 ever.

Comment

better take out a loan to keep that thing filled up

Comment

Very nice work

Comment

Looks great

Comment

I know its old but any finished pics?