No announcement yet.

First blind built -trailer mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded the springs, axle, and tires. Making some custom fenders now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice build! How far are you towing that rig? Or are you going to pull it onto a regular trailer and use the mobility of the stand just at the lease/ranch? Just curious as I am entertaining the same type of build; however, I would put mine onto a 20' trailer for the 9 hour trip north.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
        Nice build! How far are you towing that rig? Or are you going to pull it onto a regular trailer and use the mobility of the stand just at the lease/ranch? Just curious as I am entertaining the same type of build; however, I would put mine onto a 20' trailer for the 9 hour trip north.

Planning on towing it 120 miles. It has a 3500 lbs axle and 8 ply tires.

Comment

Fenders and door handle are done. Windows are temporarily in. You can also see the jacks I mounted in all four corners to stabilize it.

Comment

Thanks for details Shu. You wrote "Windows are temporarily in."
            I will use Original Deer Blind Windows or Deerview and will load mine on a trailer to haul it 500 miles to farm.
            I never thought to remove windows (at least the window facing forward) for the 75mph tow but will now that you got me thinking.
            Are you gonna reinstall your windows prior to the tow? I dont mean to wear you out with questions - kinda asked this so others with long tows can think about it.

Comment

I’m going to tow it with all the windows out and a piece of plywood over the front opening. I’m worried I would crack a window towing it across the lease.

Comment

That's a great idea. That way there is nothing to repair when you get to your place. Looks great and good luck hunting out of it! Might want to put 2-300 pounds of corn inside to keep it from bouncing around??

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                  That's a great idea. That way there is nothing to repair when you get to your place. Looks great and good luck hunting out of it! Might want to put 2-300 pounds of corn inside to keep it from bouncing around??
                  We were talking about that earlier. Going to put ice chest filled with ice in it as well.

Comment

Sweet build, yall will really enjoy hunting out of that.

Comment

love it

Comment

That's is a sweet build !!!

Comment

looks good

Comment

Thanks guys. Plan on putting the finishing touches on it this weekend.

Comment

It's handy as a pocket in a shirt having a deer blind on wheels. Well built!

Comment

Knocking out the inside today. Carpet and eight hooks in.

Comment

Working...
                                X