Hydroturf boat floor and decks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydroturf boat floor and decks.

I have a 1756 G3 I have decided to put hydroturf on the front and back decks along with the floor.

This process will take a few weeks to complete since I will be doing it in my spare time during the week and weekends. I hope to be done by Memorial Day weekend when I take the boat back to the salt.

Here is what the inside of the boat looks like to start.

I started on the front deck by cleaning and sanding all the old texture grip off the metal. Well I got as much as possible anyway. After that I cleaned the metal with acetone to make sure everything will stick.

After that I had all my measurements and I cut my hydroturf and put it on the deck to make sure it would fit. After a few trims I was happy with everything so I sprayed Adhesive on the deck and put my hydroturf done. It’s turned out ok, I can live with it anyway.

I will start on the back deck this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the hydroturf?

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
      Where did you get the hydroturf?

Ordered it from hydroturf. This is B stock.

Comment

Looking good! That is some good stuff especially duck hunting.

Tell Momma to get you a spare tire mount for my birthday....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Looking good! That is some good stuff especially duck hunting.

Tell Momma to get you a spare tire mount for my birthday....

That’s a old pic, from the day I brought it home from Curt’s.

Comment

Looking good Justin! Gonna really look nice when you get it all done. I talked a feller at work into doing his. He chose that same gray diamond stock. And it turned out really nice on his G3 bassboat!

This reminds me, I have a roll waiting to be applied on my G3 that I bought 2.5 months ago . Been to busy fishing and other things to get it done. Thanks for the reminder !

Comment

Nice, I have thought about putting it down in my ski boat. If I do, I’ll use snap screws so i can take it out to clean it better.

Comment

Got the back deck done this afternoon. Had to piece mill the last corner but it worked. It’s not perfect but after all the boats name is “nothin Fancy”.

Started but cleaning and sanding the back deck.

After before acetone.

After that was done I started measuring material and cutting. I quickly found out this boat isn’t exactly square, so I had to improvise a good bit. When it was all said it done it turn out pretty good and is a lot easier on my feet.

Comment

Next weekend I will start sanding and prepping the floor.

The floor will take a little more time I’m afraid due to the cuts for the ribs.

I will be making a template before I start cutting.

Comment

I've laid some in my duck boat. Its peeling up. I've found spray glue and gorilla glue will hold it down. If stored outside the rain will find it's way in between the hydroturf and the metal. That's where glue will be your friend. For guys wondering about the material. Pretty much any camo pattern is avail. It's only avail thru gatortrax boats though. They hold a patent on it even though it is produced by hydroturf.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      I've laid some in my duck boat. Its peeling up. I've found spray glue and gorilla glue will hold it down. If stored outside the rain will find it's way in between the hydroturf and the metal. That's where glue will be your friend. For guys wondering about the material. Pretty much any camo pattern is avail. It's only avail thru gatortrax boats though. They hold a patent on it even though it is produced by hydroturf.

I am using the strongest 3m spray adhesive Home Depot has. It is stored under a barn 90% of the time so not too worried about water.

Comment

Is that stuff soft.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Is that stuff soft.

If firm yet soft enough to give you a cushion. It's virtually foam sheets.

Comment

That stuff is the beesknees. I did and old boat and lined the inside of my rod boxes with it.

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Is that stuff soft.

just like you! and they make it in different thicknesses

Comment

Working...
                              X