Woohoo look what I got!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo look what I got!

I know a few folks have made these but I haven’t lol. So we have a great spot to put this future blind that I got for a STEAL. Got a few DV windows and We will be painting it soon. Going to throw some carpet on the inside that I have laying around and build some shelves and turn it from a shipping vault to a bow blind. Set it up on some blocks and done. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a very similar crate in the back yard that I had planned to make a bow blind from this year.

Work and moving back into my house has delayed that. I'm planning to paint it inside and out then haul it to the lease and work on it between hunts. It will be ready for next year.

I picked up some deer view windows from the TTH show a few weeks back as well.

Comment

I put together one of those in 2010. size 5'x7'x8' and it's still holding strong.
      Set it up on blocks and paint it with exterior latex and pour RV roof sealant on top, cut your shooting holes, add hinges for openable windows, carpet on floor and half way up inside walls. Best $100 blind I ever had. It blends in pretty well and deer don't even give it a second look. They should have cause many have died just 10 yards outside my shooting window
      One of those should last you 10 years or more
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep I have three windows and need two more shipped. I’ll give them a call here in a few. We haven’t decided if we are painting it or putting siding on the sides. Only issue with that is how heavy it gets once you add weight like that. Thinking of tin on the sides too but I don’t know if that makes it any better.

Comment

Muzzle break that is AAAAWESOME!!!!

Comment

That ought to work!

Comment

Nice blind. Happy hunting!

Comment

I got one too.

I picked this one up for $125. Still working on it. Thinking about Adding 4' legs with EZ TOWER brackets. Or maybe just 12" concrete deck blocks this season.I am Installing 4 deerview windows. 2 10x24 in the front and 1 10x12 on each side. A tin roof, some drip rails over the windows, weather stripping on the door and a barn door latch. Already has 2 coats of paint. Will be adding 1 more.
                Very big and heavy. 'So much room for activities."
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 08-23-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Lol I will be setting ours on some blocks and I have three camo 12x24 windows that will go in the front and then two smoked windows on the sides and a slider for airflow on the back. Carpet in the inside and paint. I can’t wait to get it in the field.

Comment

My old trailer still working.......

Comment

I love that trailer. About to paint it and just spent $400 having new LEDs installed and custom iron work done to it. It’s going to get new wood soon too.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

B sure and put a pitch roof on it so the water will run off!

Comment

Update everyone. First, it’s hotter-n-hell outside. Lol. Let me say that. Also: note to self....when you apply “flex-seal” to your roof and accidentally get a little on anything you can not paint over it lol. That stuff repels water like a duck feather. So no tin roof needed lol. And I’m actually not worried about water sitting on the roof, I’m certain it’ll be on slightly uneven ground so it’ll slide off. I wish they made flex seal in brown, I’d paint the whole thing lol. The little pieces of wood on my windows are for the ends of the screws to go into (these are not my deer view windows they’re custom cut plexiglass) I plan to notch them off later but I have to go to work.

Comment

Looks great! Where does one find those shipping crates - craigslist?

Comment

Working...
                              X