Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

AC condenser not coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send pic of the contactor you wired up may have a wire in wrong place

Comment

Does the fan spin freely? Most likely not the capacitor but could have a compressor issue. Over heated possibly. Truly it is hard to diagnose over the internet. Could be a few things casing the issue. I'd call someone out

Comment

Confirmed 110-120v on both legs coming in.
        Attached Files

Comment

Fan spins very free manually.

Comment

Mine stopped working a couple of weeks ago. A friend who does a\c came over and found a spider had been fired been the contact points. All that you could see were its curled up legs sticking out from under the contact.

Comment

Have you tried taking that small cover off and manually pressing in the contactor to power on the fan/compressor?

Comment

fire ants will also get in those contactors, but I think you already said you replaced that.
                hard start kit will help also if the fan is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                  Have you tried taking that small cover off and manually pressing in the contactor to power on the fan/compressor?
                  I second this suggestion. if you have power coming in - manually override the contactor - should be a spring loaded button to push under that cover. then, if you are getting power on the other side, your fan/compressor will kick on. if you hear the fan/compressor humming but not fully kicking on, then might need to replace the capacitor.

Comment

Is this white board the one you are talking about in air handler? Fuse checks good. I read voltage on right side wires but none on left side. Not sure if there should be any there or not. However, now the unit has magically come on. But i feel it will be short lived functionality. It could be all in my head but it seems like the condenser is running a little weak. Like it should be a little louder.

Comment

Forgot the pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

If it stops again, i will try pushing in the contactor. I assume what you are referring to is under that black cover held onto the contactor by 2 screws?

Comment

Do you have a amp meter

Comment

Let run a while and feel top of motor on the fan guard. To see if it’s getting hot

Comment

Make sure you have the red and purple wire on the cap on the common terminal and the yellow on herm terminal of cap.

Comment

I always start with the contactor push! if there is no power, you will be doing tons of work that is not needed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X