Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merc View Post
    Haven't commented much but been following from the beginning and am still enjoying see ling the progress. You sir do some great work!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Oh yeah, looking good.

Comment

How is the porch attached to the main building?

Maybe I should just buy the book...

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          How is the porch attached to the main building?

Maybe I should just buy the book...
          2x6 Joist Hanger. It's a metal bracket that attaches to house and then 2x6 sits inside of it extending out to post. 2x6 sets on top of post. I then come across with 2x8 as you can see in the pics. Deck boards will sit on top of 2x8s.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            2x6 Joist Hanger. It's a metal bracket that attaches to house and then 2x6 sits inside of it extending out to post. 2x6 sets on top of post. I then come across with 2x8 as you can see in the pics. Deck boards will sit on top of 2x8s.
            I have so many questions because I'm so envious and in awe as building things is not my strength. I struggle to replace my recessed lightbulbs.

Comment

I have so many questions because I'm so envious and in awe as building things is not my strength. I struggle to replace my recessed lightbulbs.
              Feel free to ask. I will answer to the best of my knowledge. The book everyone is buying is seriously worth it especially for $10 or less. The detail it gives and pics are very helpful. I wish every school out there would make it a must have course.

Comment

Feel free to ask. I will answer to the best of my knowledge. The book everyone is buying is seriously worth it especially for $10 or less. The detail it gives and pics are very helpful. I wish every school out there would make it a must have course.
                Just got it for $6.60 with free shipping. Not even sure how that's possible, but the seller had a perfect rating with like 200,000 transactions. Some thrift book store.

Comment

Just got it for $6.60 with free shipping. Not even sure how that's possible, but the seller had a perfect rating with like 200,000 transactions. Some thrift book store.
                  Can't beat that! Some have writing in them based on what I found. Doesn't take away from the information already given. I need to order one again and be sure to keep it this round.

Comment

Hope to tackle the rest of the porch tomorrow and HIGH HOPES get the roof framed by the end of the wknd!

More pics tomorrow!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Little morning action!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing... What are the plans as far as sealing the deck boards?? And will the entire porch/deck have a roof over it??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing... What are the plans as far as sealing the deck boards?? And will the entire porch/deck have a roof over it??
                          Yes it will be a covered porch. As far as sealing the deck they will be doing that part! I hate painting, staining or any type of brush, spray, roller work! Haha

Comment

I walked away at a good time! Lol... I did break a hammer!

Can I tell my father this? He was pretty sure I was the only person who could accomplish that one!

Nice work Jason. You should have the AC done about the time it starts to cool off. [emoji23][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Comment

Yes it will be a covered porch. As far as sealing the deck they will be doing that part! I hate painting, staining or any type of brush, spray, roller work! Haha
                              I hear you on the painting/sealing part!!

Do you have any single sisters?? Asking for a friend?? JK

you are doing an awesome job.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                                Can I tell my father this? He was pretty sure I was the only person who could accomplish that one!

Nice work Jason. You should have the AC done about the time it starts to cool off. [emoji23][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
                                Hahahahaha.... AC ain't no joke! Bad timing all the way around. Hot, Deer Season fast approaching, Holidays!

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                I hear you on the painting/sealing part!!

Do you have any single sisters?? Asking for a friend?? JK

you are doing an awesome job.
                                Thank You Sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X