No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a dozer and backhoe coming next week to dig and hole and burry some crap that is laying around. Clean up the site a little better.

Comment

The late Larry Haun has some of the best framing teaching on the net. Just google him and his brother. Very instructive and even used in many tech schools.

(For those interested )

Don’t let Antlers fool ya. He shows lots of experience and professionalism in just how clean his worksite is....lots going on between them ears in making it look easy.

Enjoying the journey brother thanks for taking the time to document and post

Comment

I have been following this thread, great work and craftsmanship you have been displaying in your pics!

Comment

Got my wheels a turning! Going to do something like this on Toledo Bend. Stocking up on information an ideas. What is the pitch of the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by baygall View Post
            got my wheels a turning! Going to do something like this on toledo bend. Stocking up on information an ideas. What is the pitch of the roof?
            7.5/12

Comment

Where did you find your 4x6 post? Adams Salvage & Surplus in Athens? I can't find any post around Fairfield but the .030 treated stuff rated for ground contact. Trying to find the 0.60 treated for burial like your post. Need to do another pole barn. You are doing an awesome job on the update photos, and build.
              Last edited by gonehuntin; 07-29-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                Where did you find your 4x6 post? Adams Salvage & Surplus in Athens? I can't find any post around Fairfield but the .030 treated stuff rated for ground contact. Trying to find the 0.60 treated for burial like your post. Need to do another pole barn. You are doing an awesome job on the update photos, and build.
                Thanks!

All materials are coming from Smith Lumber here in Athens. Located just off Hwy 175 east of town outside the loop. Appreciate the kind words!

Comment

Ever have one of those days you plan on getting a lot done and you end up sitting it out? I need to get over there and finish the decking. Doubt I get it completed but sure enjoyed the day away from busting it!

Comment

Threads like this are some of my favorites. Right up there with Macoop's deer palaces and sendit's barndo build.

Comment

Getting there!
                      Attached Files

Comment

It looks pretty dry now! Chances of rain are getting less, unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          It looks pretty dry now! Chances of rain are getting less, unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                          I know! Monday night and early Tuesday morning look good.

Comment

Very nice, I wish I had the canoes to try something like this. But I can barley gut a 2x strait.

Comment

She finally came in!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                                Getting there!
                                Simply bad azz!

Comment

Working...
                                X