Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Krivoman (or shell type) platform builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Bone thug could you post up the blueprints? Great build

It’s a 5ft 10” square base on 15” legs.
    1” 14ga square tubing already primed.

82” circle wood floor.

If I remember correct....

I ordered
    2 sticks at 5ft 10”
    4 at 5ft 8”
    6 at 6ft to use on the brace and legs. Then cut to fit for floor brace and such.

I didn’t take many pics but here’s a few I have. Jeremy(KingsX) is a whole lot better welder than I am so I had him weld it up.

I would add some pipe caps or something to the leg feet to help it slide a little better. I was originally going to skid it but didn’t end up doing it.

I used 2 bolts on each corner through the blind/floor and deck screws all the way around the lip into the wood floor....Then used 100% silicon all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Bone Thug.

DRT could you post blueprints as well?

Comment

I don't have my Krivoman's yet. They are ordered though. I have some 6 foot wide 8 foot deep platforms on elevators to elevate with 4x4s. Will the Krivoman's fit on these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Base 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	24531701

Click image for larger version

Name:	Base 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24531702

Comment

48” tall. Over the plywood is 3/8” thick stall mat you buy off a roll by the foot. (from TSC)

Last edited by jerp; 03-07-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            I don't have my Krivoman's yet. They are ordered though. I have some 6 foot wide 8 foot deep platforms on elevators to elevate with 4x4s. Will the Krivoman's fit on these?

Darts - 6' is not going to be wide enough. Measured to the outside of the lip the Krivoman is 82" in diameter. My platform was originally built for a pop up and it was about six inches too narrow for the Krivo so I had to put a new top on it. The plywood hangs over the frame by 3" on each side.

Comment

Yes this is what I was going for. Lots of good information getting posted here. Keep it up guys! I will be posting as I go through mine this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                [/B]

Darts - 6' is not going to be wide enough. Measured to the outside of the lip the Krivoman is 82" in diameter. My platform was originally built for a pop up and it was about six inches too narrow for the Krivo so I had to put a new top on it. The plywood hangs over the frame by 3" on each side.
                Great info. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I need to build some 8x8s. Should be easy, less cuts!

Comment

I went 7’ wide by 8’ long. This gave me a foot on the backside to make getting in and out the door easier. I will be adding a rail to make it a little more comfortable getting up and down my ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                    Great info. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I need to build some 8x8s. Should be easy, less cuts!

7x8 or 8x8 is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                      7x8 or 8x8 is perfect

I wasted the time cutting down 8' lumber on my first platform and then saved myself a bunch of time on the second one and just made it 8x8. All the same lumber and price with less effort and more room to stand.

Not sure why I didn't realize that before the first one I built 7x7 but who knows.

Comment

Whelp, just spent 200$ at Lowe’s.

Hi my name is Stephen and have a problem with over building things. . .

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Well this trip and weekend so far has not gone at all the way I planned. We were able to get the main frame up and most of the deck in about an hour this evening.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Need a couple of cross braces

Comment

I’m not done. Only half way there. Ran out of daylight and got off to a late start due to truck issues.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Looks good Sierra Charlie. Good luck with it tomorrow. I look forward to seeing it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X