Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Found my feeder blind combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my feeder blind combo!

I like doing DIY projects.

I have always wanted to put a blind on top of a feeder. I know that sounds absurd! But I have always wanted to be able to see 360 degrees and watch deer come right to me. I think I have found my base part or the feeder that can support my idea without costing a fortune. I found this 825 gallon tank/ feeder with a ladder already fabricated.

Bottom idea.
    Cut the bottom part off. Weld a plate to the bottom cone. Add a lower unit of some kind. Weld mess wire with a door on one side to the bottom legs for coon control.

Top idea.
    Cut the top off flush with the ladder platform. Weld braces with an 8 x 8 frame for a deck. Then put one of my hay ring blinds (pictured) or I might buy a krivoman blind and put it up there. Have a trap door inside the blind where the cut off piece was for fill-ups.

Its gonna be in three pieces. Ladder, blind and feeder. It will be a heavy sunofagun!

What do yall think? Crazy idea or what. Give me your ideas on fabrications!
    Attached Files

I think the idea is interesting, just not sure how well it would work for hunting........ but you might also be on to something. Who know. I say go for it!

Comment

Do it!!!

Comment

It will be different, but it will either work or it won’t. Go for it I always wondered how it would be hunting on a feeder.

Comment

You might ought a get a patent before you go asking, might revolutionize feeder hunters.

Comment

I just don't see it working. Would be almost impossible to beat their nose on a consistent basis with corn being slung 360 degrees around you.

Comment

I have a bucket feeder hanging from the same tree I hunt out of. I have pigs and deer under me all the time. The bucket feeder was 60 bucks and the ladder stand was 70. Took about 2 hours to setup.

Comment

That blind looks big enough to lay in for a nap after lunch!

Comment

I like Tolbert's idea of how to proceed. Perhaps you could add an extra story foes times you need a more elevated view., maybe a surplus sub conning tower from NAVY salvage. That would come with a few extra bells and whistles.

Comment

Someone thinks most really good ideas are stupid.

I stopped asking for others opinions long ago. Just build it!

Comment

Love the idea. I think it would be a PITA to fill through the blind though. May want to think about cutting a hole in the top of the tank next to the ladder and fabricating a lid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Someone thinks most really good ideas are stupid.

I stopped asking for others opinions long ago. Just build it!

D-MO- you need to write a book. Another classic line.

Comment

"Love the idea. I think it would be a PITA to fill through the blind though. May want to think about cutting a hole in the top of the tank next to the ladder and fabricating a lid for it."

I thought the same thing. Probably will do this

"You might ought a get a patent before you go asking, might revolutionize feeder hunters."

"I like Tolbert's idea of how to proceed. Perhaps you could add an extra story foes times you need a more elevated view., maybe a surplus sub conning tower from NAVY salvage. That would come with a few extra bells and whistles."

Both of you guys will be on the new companies advisory board!

"Someone thinks most really good ideas are stupid."

Thats funny there DMO!

Comment

I think it is a heck of an idea. Could have some issues with scent control, but so be it. Build it !!!!!!

Comment

Does Ozonics make an industrial unit?

Comment

Working...
                              X