No announcement yet.

Welding Tables...post em if you got em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built this one about a year ago, added a vise to it, need to add some hooks and some angle iron along one edge to make a channel. Haven’t used it much since I built it though.

Comment

This is what I am working off of right now. It only has a 1/4" top, which I don't care for. You would think as well as its braced on the underside that it would be solid, but it still vibrates when really go to banging on something. I have a piece of 3/4" that I want to build into my "forever" table....LOL.

I don't really care for an angle iron channel either. All they do is end up holding crap. And you can forget about ever clamping anything down on that side.
      Attached Files

Comment

Add some heavy 2 inch angle down one side to be able to set pieces in to work on. Especially round pieces etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
          This is what I am working off of right now. It only has a 1/4" top, which I don't care for. You would think as well as its braced on the underside that it would be solid, but it still vibrates when really go to banging on something. I have a piece of 3/4" that I want to build into my "forever" table....LOL.

I don't really care for an angle iron channel either. All they do is end up holding crap. And you can forget about ever clamping anything down on that side.

That thing is a BEAST! I thought you sold it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You must be very limited on clamps.

Comment

Just built these two. Haven’t installed my vises yet. They are more work/ welding tables. 5/16” top.

Comment

Sweet...all of them, especially the rolling table

Comment

Interested

Let me know if you're looking to sell it. I'm looking for a welding table. Not a welder just a tinker so it doesn't have to be perfectly built as a professional would need.

Comment

Got some wheels & shelving put on it this weekend. Need to work out how I want to mount the vise & clean up the top. Great suggestions all around and some nice lookin' tables!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180128_093330-01_sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	24527729

Comment

What thickness top did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Got some wheels & shelving put on it this weekend. Need to work out how I want to mount the vise & clean up the top. Great suggestions all around and some nice lookin' tables!

[ATTACH]894338[/ATTACH]
                        You might want to change out 2 of the casters for 2 with locks. Looks like it might move around while you are trying to work. Otherwise it looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          What thickness top did you go with?
                          If you're talking about mine, it's a 3/8" thick top

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            You might want to change out 2 of the casters for 2 with locks. Looks like it might move around while you are trying to work. Otherwise it looks great!
                            They were free wheels so at some point I will have to pay to upgrade to locking casters

Comment

Here’s an interesting design. Instead of the table legs always being on casters, this design has the table legs always on the floor except when you want to move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

txpitdog, stealing that idea. Looks like a great solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X