Welding Tables...post em if you got em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Here’s mine, made from a bed frame and scrap.

Magnetic torch holder from Harbor Freight gets a thumbs up. I welded some square tubing on one of the legs for an extension cord holder. I like the idea of using angle for a tray, and I plan to bend some bolts with my son’s forge to make hooks for clamps and who knows what else.

Coming up on 4 years after I cobbled that piece of crap table together. It’s now loaded with scrap metal, scrapes, nicks, and tools. I’ve welded jigs to it to bend 1/2” rod with my torch then cut them off, and I’ve mounted everything from a reloading press, bench grinder, and vise to it. I’ve intended to build a replacement “good” one, the dang thing is still standing strong.

Comment

On mine I mounted a leftover metal two gang outlet box under the top with a short pig tail. So I can run one extension cord to the table and have 4 tools plugged in. You could do a power strip also but I had all these parts left over from wiring the shop

Comment

Never had a for sure welding table...always saw horses and something...WOW but now I got IDEAS ...But where to put it??? Thx

Comment

I'd suggest welding 2" receiver hitches to the corners to mount your vise or other accessories. Vices bolted on top on the table always seem to get in the way, no matter how big your table is. Weld you a few pieces of 1.5" pipe or square tube in several places to stick your mig gun in. I'm also not a fan of shelves underneath welding tables. They always seem to collect junk and a bunch of other crap. Then there's also no room for your legs if you use a stool.

Comment

no, not looking .... because I'm jealous!

Comment

Nice job fellers! Keep at it.

Comment

Working...
              X