No announcement yet.

Wood finishing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s an idea I like the look, nice chair build like the radius on top and the curved back. I made these with a different style back support than my adirondacks have .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

well hopefully the third time is the charm and this oil based primer and oil based paint will last out in the backyard.

Comment

Real nice Clark! I'd sit in it.

Comment

Stain and seal with exterior poly. Also use exterior glue on all joints.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
            Stain and seal with exterior poly

Can u recommend and any brands I tried spar urethane but the sun blistered it off.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
              Can u recommend and any brands I tried spar urethane but the sun blistered it off.

I have had good luck with Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Exterior oil base. make sure wood moister content is low and stain is good and dry before applying. Follow direction on the cans and you should be good.

You could always do a Epoxy Exterior Varnish but that is expensive.

Comment

Ok thank you sir I will try it again, kinda like the painted look on them too

Comment

I'm in the same boat with some things I've built around the house, I've been meaning to go visit a Sherwin Williams store and see what they recommend.

Comment

I saw some Adirondacks painted while at our place in rockport and they had them painted in real soft beach type colors so I thought i'd give it a shot gonna try a yellow, blue and red next. with kilz oil based primer first then an oil based paint but I will be spraying it on

Comment

You might fill in above the screws on the arm rest with wood putty. This will help keep water from pooling in the holes and rotting the wood.

Comment

Yep I forgot to and got carried away trying to get it painted before the last from blew in,thinking bout using pocket holes so the holes will be on the bottom and filled from there also

Comment

Working...
                        X