No announcement yet.

Best blind material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can make a great ground blind out of old weathered cedar or treated fence. If you have seen anyone in your area tearing one down they usually want to get rid of them for nothing. Easy to cut the sections to your size, put together and line inside with roofing felt. With a little work and inginuity they are very functional and very natural looking. Good luck however you go.

Comment

No OSB!!

The OSB is inexpensive but will not last you any longer than 2-1/2 - 3yrs. It is just not structural enough to hold up. They make an insulated metal board that you can buy @ HD for about $13 a sheet. That has worked great for me and lasts for over 8 yrs with out any damages & is noiseless! Good luck to ya, and great hunting! Thanks- Wes

Comment

insulated metal board? Never heard of it, is it heavy and is it in the lumber section?

Comment

masonite last a long time

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
            I Forgot To Mention My Buddy Used Concrete Board He Got From A Construction Site He Was On I Dont Know The Cost But Lowes Carries It , It Will Last About 20 Yrs .

Hardi board....

This stuff is like an OVEN during bowseason!

Comment

OSB-seal the edges.

Comment

We use OSB or plywood. Whatever we have. One thing we do to make it last a long time.... First, cover it with roofing felt. Next, cover that with roll roofing. Lastly, spray paint cool camo designs on it. I promise, it will last a looong time.

Comment

It will probably be luan board, see octagon blind, light and 1/4 inch thick, with cool camo desings, and yes I am using roll roofing, and flashing around all corners

Comment

Originally posted by Drenalin_Ag99 View Post
                    It will probably be luan board, see octagon blind, light and 1/4 inch thick, with cool camo desings, and yes I am using roll roofing, and flashing around all corners
                    I made a buddy a deer blind out of luan board and put 1 coat of resin, some cheap camo material from Wal-Mart and then another coat of resin. This combination made the 1/4 luan resistant to some serious hammer blows!Lightweight and waterproof. No need for rolled roofing. Still use a 90< on the corners.

Comment

I used the luan, worked well, need to paint, gonna get some oil based sealer/primer paint and go at it, have tin flashing for all corners and roof trimming.

Comment

Working...
                      X